Master manipulator

By whatjusthappened - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Norman

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend, because he's too manipulative. By the time our chat ended, instead of being single, I'm somehow now committed to going on vacation with him and his family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 490
You deserved it 16 410

Top comments

Dude, how does that even happen? I understand its hard to breakup with someone but if hes manipulative you have to get a backbone and just do it.

ariiewilliams 17

Did he manipulate you into being his girlfriend too?

Comments

Hey Op... I was in a relationship like that. I know it's hard. All you can do is tell him that you're breaking up because you aren't and haven't been happy, and walk away. You can't let him get you talking. If he gets you talking, he'll manage to manipulate you again. Determine what you're going to say and how you're going to say it. For me, it was "I can't do this anymore, I'm leaving you." and when he pursued me, I just repeated it once, then followed with "please, leave me alone.". I did end up calling the cops on him when he refused to take me seriously and started calling me during early morning hours, and texting me how unhappy he was and how he wanted to die a few hours before I had to wake up for work. After the first text (I never answered the calls), I told him not to text me again or I will consider it harassment and report him. I know it's harsh, but it's all you can do. You have to look out for YOU. Don't let anyone talk you into a relationship that you see as manipulative or unhealthy. BTW, I have a great boyfriend now who knows I can be a pushover and so works with me to make sure he isn't bulldozing me... they do exist. If you need to talk, you can message me.

This is a copy FML, based off the controlling gf making the bf marry her instead of break up. The wording and summary is exactly the same as this.

Holy shit! That's SUCKS! But, if I could do that to people, it would be SOOO cool

Your FML makes me sad because I know manipulative people can really ruined your life. I am sorry you did not manage to break up with him this time, try to run away from him as fast as possible though. You certainly deserve better!

Manipulation at this level can be an indication of a serious psychological problem on his part. Best for you to get it together and walk away as soon as possible.