Manoeuvres in the dark

By Anonymous - 12/12/2009 21:13 - Canada

Today, I had to perform with my orchestra at an event. I hadn't eaten at all because I had to get my blood sugar tested. During the middle of a song, I passed out. No one helped me and no one stopped playing, "because the song wasn't over and they didn't want to ruin the performance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 705
You deserved it 6 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I´m a very dedicated performer, and have a bit of experience even though I´m still in school. I would stop a performance if someone onstage were to pass out, because you don´t always know why the person is passing out. I´d rather have a ruined performance than a harmed or even dead peer.

Yeah, but it's not that original. When I was in HS marching band, we performed in wool jackets in Florida. It happened more than once. Nobody stopped, because the band director was evil and would have given us probably 10 laps for stopping. I got 30 pushups for telling the girl in front of me to get back to where she was supposed to be and stop stepping on my feet.

Comments

About time you educate them on how low blood sugar can kill you in a couple minutes.

BugzBunni 1

I've been in bands and orchestras and people pass out, doesn't mean they are going to stop and ruin the song for the orchestra and the audience because of one person..

"That day". Looks like someone lied about the whole "Today" part...

But surely not having your part playing would ruin it to

I love how half are "I wouldn't stop either" or " the show must go on" and the other half "knows how you feel•

It's a hard life, being a band geek.

What I want to know is if your instrument is okay!

that's the first rule of performance. you don't stop unless everyone is dead. sucks, but someone's gotta entertain the crowd. I fell down the stairs marching in a pep rally and no one stopped for me either.

I was in choir in high school and they taught us not to stop singing for anything. Not your classmates faults if they did what they were taught