Manoeuvres in the dark

By Anonymous - 12/12/2009 21:13 - Canada

Today, I had to perform with my orchestra at an event. I hadn't eaten at all because I had to get my blood sugar tested. During the middle of a song, I passed out. No one helped me and no one stopped playing, "because the song wasn't over and they didn't want to ruin the performance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 705
You deserved it 6 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I´m a very dedicated performer, and have a bit of experience even though I´m still in school. I would stop a performance if someone onstage were to pass out, because you don´t always know why the person is passing out. I´d rather have a ruined performance than a harmed or even dead peer.

Yeah, but it's not that original. When I was in HS marching band, we performed in wool jackets in Florida. It happened more than once. Nobody stopped, because the band director was evil and would have given us probably 10 laps for stopping. I got 30 pushups for telling the girl in front of me to get back to where she was supposed to be and stop stepping on my feet.

Comments

Zeus44456 0

Speaking as part of an orchestra,you never ever EVER stop playing in the middle of a song... unless of course you or the person next to passes out. That really sucks man, and I've been there.

Woman* there's one op, not multiple females.

that was technically the right thing to do...…

zach055 23

YDI for passing out. I used to have acid reflux which was so bad that I couldn't eat anything without puking. I lost 20 pounds because of it, but I never passed out once. I'm on meds now so I'm fine, but before I went on the meds there were days where I never ate anything at all for fear of puking.

zach055 23

Why do people think that passing out is such a big deal? If its from low blood sugar its basically the same thing as falling asleep when you don;t want to. Also, how could the OP know that no one helped her right away if she was passed out? Also, what could they possibly do? If a person passes out from low blood sugar, they simply have to wait for them to wake up.

The reason nobody helped you is because they're not allowed to. I was on the choir for a few years in high school to get out of gym, and when the recital started getting close the teacher would remind us everyday that if someone passed out during a song to ignore them until after the song was over.

whoops125 0

you passed out after one day? wtf? I'm a 130 powerlifter and I've done meets where I eat almost nothing for 3 days to make weight and I've never passed out.and I don't do drugs or take anything to keep me up

bizarre_ftw 21

So I'm guessing there's something wrong with your blood sugar?

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Don't take it too personally. Although I don't see why at least one person couldn't have stopped to check you :/

Arent you supposed to do that (not helping I mean) The show must go on I mean ... Oh and I agree they should ruin the preformence for that =P