Mad lad

By Bob H. - 26/10/2014 13:54 - Canada - Québec

Today, my son asked for my help with a personal matter. I was flattered that he trusted me, since he's a paranoid, untrusting psycho. Turned out he wanted to use my locksmith skills to break into his ex's house and "teach her a lesson" for breaking up with him after he cheated on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 796
You deserved it 5 414

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

A bit ironic that he's untrusting, as it seems he is not trustworthy.

Stupid he is. Don't let him make more stupid people.

grogers311 20

Might as well help your son now or one day he will become a criminal master mind who after years of watching you will use your own skills against others. Which will cause him to brutally harm all his ex's.

I hope you get him some help, OP! Or at least warn his girlfriend to change her locks!

I don't think changing the locks will do anything I mean he's breaking in Ethier way. He could pick the new locks or break the window.

He may be getting in anyway which is probably why Op should warn the girlfriend and more importantly get his son a psychiatrist and some help!

I wonder what he was planning to do though.

Dodge4x4Ram 46
RedPillSucks 31

This is an adult child, I think

Even if he is a an adult child, the op needs to try and get his son help. If the son won't see a psychiatrist willingly than op should explain to the doctor that he is a danger to others, and if that doesn't work than he should probably let the police know what the son was planning and warn the girlfriend and her parents if she still lives with them. If the op's son does end up harming her, beating her, or kills her, and op knew that this was a possibility than he could be an accessory, and even if he isn't I bet he would blame himself if he did nothing.

#72, in most states if the son is over 18 there's absolutely nothing any agency or the parent can do to protect the ex or the parents from this guy until he actually harms her or repeatedly threatens her in some way. Mental health professionals legally can't treat him against his will without a court order, which you can't get until he harms himself or others. Threatening just gets you a restraining order, which most determined offenders ignore anyway. They won't consider the parents accessories

Well the good thing of this FML is you know your son well- he is a psycho!

XBurytheCastleX 25

He's going to be abusive! Fix it while you can.

To call your son a psycho, instead of straightening him out...

If he is literally a psychopath, which sounds like something of a possibility, that isn't even curable. And people can't be locked up for it without doing anything as most aren't even dangerous. Assuming it's something else though, getting somebody who hasn't yet done anything wrong legally or hurt themself diagnosed and possibly treated is hard in most countries. And you can't just straighten out a mental illness or disorder.

Get your son some help before he ends up behind bars. It's your role as a parent and will be more productive than calling him a psycho.

If he's over 18 there is nothing that OP can do until he commits a crime. Sad, but true. If he threatens her life or to harm her the best the police can do is hold him for a few hours. If he under 18 then he can try to force him to get professional help, but unless he actually threatened her, another person or himself you can't always force them into help. Also even if he does do those things, most states can only hold people against their will for 72 hours without committing a crime. They can only be committed involuntarily longer if the doctors agree. Even then there has to be room and age appropriate facilities to take them. Basically, until he harms a person there's not much OP can do.