Worst babysitter ever

By shira512 - 10/08/2012 23:59 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, after much debate, my husband convinced me to let his scumbag brother babysit our seven-year-old son while we went out to a restaurant. When we got home, we found him teaching our son how to pick the lock to our liquor cabinet. My husband is unapologetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 225
You deserved it 4 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would his brother happen to be Charlie Sheen?

THEKAISER 4

Don't worry, I doubt a seven year old will like the taste of alcohol

Comments

I assume you're not letting him babysit anymore.

the_anti_hipster 7

Good thing you came home, the next step was phoning for cocaine and hookers...

It's will be hard for a 7-year old to remember each tool and each step it takes to pick a lock. But every child is different. OP's son could possibly remember.

JocelynKaulitz 28

28 - If babies these days know how to use iPhones, I'm pretty sure a 7 year old can manage how to remember picking a lock.

28- I think you are underestimating kids. When I was 7, the memory would've been a piece of cake. 7 isn't exactly toddler age.

Like I said #40 and 41, every child is different some kids can remember these things and others don't. Some kids at that age are smart and some kids can't remember a lot of what there told. It's just less likely a 7-year old will remember each tool and each technic to use. He is a kid. You guys think now a days just because a kid can use a smart phone that there the worlds smartest kids. Kids now a days are brought up with this technology in there life. This kid in this FML story was not brought up learning how to pick a lock. He learned one time he is not going to remember it for the rest of his life.

Unless the babies know how to read, all they are doing is looking at the pretty pictures (icons) and figuring it out for themselves. they may be able to do something simple like press the square that looks like a green phone handset but I have yet to see a baby be able to do something more complex like going through the menus on an android phone and connecting to the free wifi at the coffee shop while their parents order something.

AClassActx3 7

Yeaah you must not know much about kids. 1st off, picking a lock will take something simple, a bobby pin, butter knife or something because if it took "tools" it wouldn't be sneaky to be picking a lock, you'd get caught with your elaborate tools. & 2nd my niece was about 4 when she learned (from my brothers) how to pick my parents lock where all the snacks were! & 7 is an age where their memory is fine. Toddlers don't remember usually & even then nowadays most of the time they do.

ogatasan 5

45- all the tools? It only takes two. One to push the pins up past the shear line, and another to turn the lock while doing so. Not real difficult to remember

I don't know where you're from, but here in Sweden 7 y/o kids are really smart. Your acting like it's a 2 y/o you're talking about.

Llama_Face89 33

On an unrelated note, I hear Swedish chicks are hot. Is this true?

THEKAISER 4

Don't worry, I doubt a seven year old will like the taste of alcohol

Unless... alcoholism runs in the family; then you'd better worry.

Sevens a bit young anyway. No picking locks unless it's an Elder Scrolls game.

I know someone whose kids aged 4&7 actually love the taste of beer. Its pretty ****** up but they have since been locking their alcohol away.

lenamartinovic 13

Actually I was 5 when my grandpa gave me a taste of beer. I loved it! And no, I'm not an alcoholic.

Would his brother happen to be Charlie Sheen?

thejewishfuhrer 17

Charlie sheen? We knew about him back on Mars. The guy is supposedly a warlock with tiger blood or something? Probably only has one gear: GO!

No. He isn't winning. He is, wait for it, ....... biwinning!

Nope, he's not winning or biwinning. He's just a scumbag.

Hey they're just joking around, sheesh, don't you take things seriously, huh?

Now remember kids, make sure you pick your booze before you pick your lock.

her husband had no need to apologize, it wasn't his fault

glitchez 2

Shouldn't u be asking the brother for an apology not the husband?

It was her husband's fault the brother was babysitting in the first place. However, she should of stuck to her guns and not agreed to it in the first place.

I think everyone's at fault here, really. The brother for obvious reasons, the husband for insisting the brother babysit, and OP for allowing it to happen.

jdnw 0

her husband insisted that he babysat so it should be from both lol

Zoh_Aubrey 8

OP you deserve it. If you don't trust him and call him a scumbag why would you let him babysit your kid? Who gives a **** what your husband thinks, if something happened to your kid you'd never forgive yourself. I intern at a DCF and I hear this excuse all the time after the house is on fire or when the child is abused. "But my (blank) trusts him, so I did too."

Well at least it sounds like he's learning from someone who has some experience. Anything worth doing is worth doing right

These are very valuable skills..... Lol XD

Sounds like you should have gotten a sitter for the brother too!

For some reason or another, your comments tend to match your picture which is cute by the way.

BeRealB 4

Teaching life skills to the kid at an early age.. Good man