Lord of the dance

By DeActivated - 04/05/2013 00:39 - United States - West Jordan

Today, I was at dance rehearsal. As a male dancer I like to keep the fact that I dance a secret because of the stupid stereotypes male dancers have. This plan was quickly shot down when I discovered I was performing at my school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 253
You deserved it 5 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** it man. Everybody likes to dance. Ha

NotGabe 28

Forget what others think and do what you love. Dance your heart out!

Comments

spartanMKIV 9

OP, they can smell your fear. if you act all ashamed, then you will get slapped with that stereotype, but if you embrace it, and rock that shit like a ******* beast, aint nobody gonna give you the business

Kuhu1993 21

Some of the worlds best chefs are guys. Why would they be embarassed of being good / better cooks than females. I think the same implies here. DON'T be embarassed. Go out there and put up a great show!

Considering that male chefs not only outnumber female chefs and earn on average about 25% than their female counterparts, your comment makes no sense at all. There is a stereotype that male dancers are gay. Never heard one about chefs.

she's referring to the stereotype that women belong in the kitchen and are supposed to all the cooking in the house. is it really that hard to understand?

I get that. An extremely antiquated way of thinking. But a woman in the kitchen isn't a chef. And a lot of women do not know how to cook at all these days. Is it really that hard to understand?

kate3101 15

If you put on a great show, no-one will tease. Be proud of what you do - it's not easy and I'm sure that you will get more cheers than jeers. Good luck with the show :)

HEY! He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind. 'Cos his friends don't dance and if they don't dance well they ain't no friends of mine! *Safety Dance!*

So he gets to get up close and personal with a bunch of girls not wearing that much, and show of his skills. That rocks!

Wear a mask? Fake sick? Show your true self and ignore what everyone else thinks because you're up there doing what you love?

This is a good thing OP! When I was in school I got called ballerina boy because of my gymnastics and trampolining (the shoes look like ballet shoes) until I got called in to perform for a parents evening and the whole school saw my routine. It was instant popularity and I'm guessing as a dancer you're in pretty good shape, take off your shirt and let them insult you with the girls drooling ;)

You want to keep it a secret, but here you are telling us all... Just because you don't know who we are, doesn't mean the insults are going to hurt any less lol

titibug823 11

Show who you are! Honestly, its nothing to be ashamed of. Stereotypes? The best way to avoid being stereotyped is to PROVE THEM WRONG! So pull up your big boy pants, get out there, and do your thing!

Dude, don't mind the jealous bullies. Girls are gonna love you