Lord of the dance

By DeActivated - 04/05/2013 00:39 - United States - West Jordan

Today, I was at dance rehearsal. As a male dancer I like to keep the fact that I dance a secret because of the stupid stereotypes male dancers have. This plan was quickly shot down when I discovered I was performing at my school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 253
You deserved it 5 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** it man. Everybody likes to dance. Ha

NotGabe 28

Forget what others think and do what you love. Dance your heart out!

Comments

Ydi. Way to not give a fck about other people think terd! Do what makes you happy. Fuxk a hater

Dude? Enjoy it. There are a few things that I look back on my life and I say "when I was in school, I wish I'd done"....Which include things like cheerleading, photography, a cool instrument to play and yes, dancing. It's great for you physically, less male competition and you get some amazing stories to tell when you get older... Enjoy it, and grab the babes while you can :)

Screw the stereotypes, and embrace what you enjoy doing. I had to deal with the same crap when I started competitive ballroom dancing almost five years ago. It was my senior year of high school and kids are super ruthless in an environment like that. I still didn't care. Good luck!

OP haters will hate no matter what you do. If you're feeling your numbers aren't ready just rehearse the crap out if it. Remember - unless they are dancers the audience won't know what your mistakes are. If your dance school is like any I've been in the male dancers are pretty much worshipped so just enjoy, work hard & enjoy the fact you get to express yourself & lift & touch beautiful dancers daily. Point out to any haters that while they are naked in a change room with other guys you are surrounded by beautiful, half naked women.

jaredofmo 22

Dance your sweet little heterosexual heart out!

17: you are right - there is nothing awkward about a well trained male dancer. No body fat either!

Dawnstempest 17

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. Because if your friends don't dance. Well if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine. Coming from a fellow male dancer OP, ignore them and have fun.

grobinson 9

Nothing to feel ashamed of. In fact, all roles in ages passed were played by men, including the roles of women, and were held to a high respect. Keep tradition alive and give it your best effort.

Just point out that you hang out with sexy girls all day, while the jocks that make fun of you shower all together after sports.