Lookalikes

By RonnieG - 22/07/2013 22:30 - United States - Orlando

Today, I confessed to losing my wife's engagement ring, and replacing it with a lookalike months ago. My wife also confessed that her actual engagement ring was locked in the safe, and the one I lost had been a fake. I've been paying the replacement off on my credit card for 6 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 121
You deserved it 14 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazytwinsmom 25

They say good communication is key in a marriage.

Comments

I should have fessed up. but, she was in her last trimester of her pregnancy so, yeah, I'll admit that I was scared. she also had preeclampsia and I didn't want to upset her. oh well. shoulda woulda coulda.

monnanon 13

op you sound like a wonderful caring person to do that. sure you are noe paying for two rings but mistakes happen. is there any possible eay you could return it to the jewelers?

I'll talk to them when I get back into town. If not, we can exchange it for something more sensible like a necklace or a right hand ring. The jeweler has had my families business for 40+ years (starting with my grandfather) so hopefully he'll have some mercy on me.

Ashtray1 4

Moral of the story? COMMUNICATE

just how much can a fake one cost especially when the real one is locked up? what a waste of money should have trust n communication the both of you.

You think you're spitting game, but the game spits you out ;)

Cheaters and liars never prosper. Why didn't you come clean months ago? YDI

Leave it tot the ladies to come up with the best way to avoid problems.

That is punishment for not confessing.

Guess your wife knows you well enough to guard her valuables from you.

lovemejazzy 8

so there are 3 engagement rings in play now? 1 original, 2 fake/replacements?

there's the original, and the replacement. I lost the fake.

That really sucks! But hey, 2 questions: 1. Why so expensive ? It's a friggin RING!, nor the means to kill Sauron. And 2: Why didn't you just tell her ? And vice-versa ? I hope you both learned something today... :)

kewpiesuicide 29

If the replacement ring looks just like the expensive ring why didn't you just buy that one in the first place?

kewpiesuicide 29

I meant instead of ever buying the more expensive one. I never got why women need something that costs more when it looks exactly like something cheaper