Leave spiders alone

By Anonymous - 01/01/2021 01:01 - United States - Atoka

Today, I took a stick lighter and used it to set a large spider on fire to kill it, as stepping on it could possibly release its babies if it were a momma. I ignited more than the spider, and had to call the fire department. FML
I agree, your life sucks 190
You deserved it 1 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have 0 love for spiders, but setting a living creature on fire? That's really cruel. YDI

catch and release. you set a living animal on fire. the **** is wrong with you?!

Comments

I have 0 love for spiders, but setting a living creature on fire? That's really cruel. YDI

Yeah fire is quite cruel. Alternatives is to set out side to freeze to death. Flush so they drown, or stomp and hope the first smash killed them. I mean, aren't they all quite cruel?

Marcella1016 31

Burning to death is generally considered particularly agonizing, though. Would you rather be murdered by someone quickly, or tortured to death in excruciating agony?

Well to be technical, if what was done to me was comparative in SIZE to me as it was the spider; I wouldn't exactly know if the bottom half of my body being smashed (half squished option), slowly freezing to death with frost bite, or under a minute of pain before I couldn't breathe anymore from an extremely large amount of fire would hurt the most. Of course they all hurt, but what pain could you tolerate or what pain would you want? One that hurts more for less time or hurts less for longer? All are still cruel in their own way, I really don't care about the downvotes..

Use Listerine next time. No fire, they die!

catch and release. you set a living animal on fire. the **** is wrong with you?!

Sounds like an excuse to play with fire - Which worked out about as well as you would expect.

2 easy ways of dealing with spiders. 1) Sonic plug-in pest repellent works really well. 2) Hair spray works to hold them in place so you can smash. -Though if they aren't a dangerous type maybe just leave them alone.