Learning curve

By diapersplease - 07/06/2015 01:17 - United States - Buffalo

Today, I found out my husband potty trained my stubborn three year-old son who prefers diapers. He managed this by peeing with him and "sword-fighting" with their urine streams. I now have to clean pee off the ground every time he urinates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 734
You deserved it 2 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ktiskool 18

Make them clean it up and see how much longer it lasts

Comments

I think I'd rather have him in diapers then deal with that mess.

No. The kid is 3; he might not be perfectly potty trained but he definitely needs to be trying to move on from diapers. I know you were probably just saying the mess would be awful to clean up but, as a teacher, parents who keep kids in diapers just because it's easier are the worst. Way too many kids joining kindergarten/reception without being potty trained nowadays, it's ridiculous.

I am pretty sure thats not right way to potty train

Yes it is. Make it a game and if you have to do some cleaning then that's just what you have to do.

Do they not piss all over each other when they sword fight? Definitely does not sound like a fun game.

The people I used to baby sit for, they have 2 boys & when they were potty training them, they had a special floaty toy in the bowl to aim at.

One_In_Three 24

Just imagine what the kid does when he takes a shit.

countryb_cth 38

#53 my parents own their own business (building sub stations) and my mom always had a problem with the guys aim in the bathroom. So she got a box of cherios put them in the bathroom and taped a note to it that said "I'm tired of cleaning piss off the seat, if you can't aim then use the cherios as target practice. If you still miss then stand closer or sit down." And it actually worked, definitely was a huge joke around the office for the longest time. Plus cherios are pretty cheep.

Being mother is a very difficult job..goodluck OP

pharm121 21

Kinda your fault. Should have stepped up to the plate mom.

Well, sons like to emulate their dads and respect their opinions more than mom so it was probably best for him to do it than her. My wife and mother in law tried for 3-4 months to try and potty train our son, I did it in 3 days. Number 1 & number 2. Same thing with my girl. They just feel like they need to impress "Daddy!"

Well, now you tell your son that in order to win the fight, he has to hit the target, which is the toilet.

I suggest ceramic markers to paint a target in the bowl.

Floating toy to aim at! I've seen it work!

Ok and what? At least y'all don't need to buy diapers. Besides, your child is on his way to becoming a "BIG BOY." My baby girl walks around the house in her princess underwear and 25 percent of the time doesn't make it to the potty but hey, I love her expressions when she does make it too much to complain when she doesn't! A small price to pay for such a big milestone I'd say!

If you want him to aim straight I suggest you put a cheerio in the toilet and tell him to hit the target.

RedPillSucks 31

or use apple jacks from the previous FML

Sorry #37 I don't think he wants his nipples chopped off and fed to some dog.

Thats a piss poor way of potty training