Keep it up

By need2eat - 15/06/2009 15:48 - United States

Today, I saw my parents for the first time in 11 weeks. They commented on how much weight I lost. I told how due to stress, I hadn't been able to eat anything for the past two weeks and I was basically unintentionally starving myself. They told me to keep it up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 882
You deserved it 5 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe they weren't being totally serious? Either way, get on a healthy diet and start exercising. You'll thank yourself later in life when you're lean and healthy.

Jessaly_fml 0

That's such a parental thing to say. My mom encouraged me to take diet pills when I was 12 and at a HEALTHY weight. I don't know why parents can be so judgmental about weight, my grandma is too. If I had kids, I would think they were beautiful no matter what, regardless of weight. And dear god, if they told me they were under a lot of stress I would help them immediately...I'm sorry your parents suck.

Comments

snowboarder72992 0
jewelzgalore 0
ashley_sparklez 0

awww they probably didnt mean it the way it sounds. well congrats on the weight loss, but that can be extremely dangerouss. try to slip in some snacks here and there!

so_me_fml 0

Hmm. Been there :( Can't eat for a couple weeks and people keep saying "wow that breakup did you good," and you just want to punch them in the face because you want desperately to eat a full meal instead of just crackers, but you can't hold it down. I'd rather be minimally overweight and mentally healthy than average or underweight and fraught with mental and emotional distress. You can't put a price on mental health and peace of mind :)

ObamaKitttyy 0
Epinephrine_fml 0

If you are fat, you should continue what you are doing. If you are healthy and skinny, don't, you are just malnutrition.

captdaniel 0

whats wrong with that?? their complimenting you. You should be thankful.

grungecat 0

Well there's a good side to being stressed. :D