By Mike - 28/02/2019 02:00

Today, my teenage daughter got her driver’s license. Less than an hour later she wrecked my wife’s new minivan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 245
You deserved it 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XUDT72 24

Should've given her more than a quick crash course before letting her get her license.

manb91uk 22

Just because a person is licensed to drive does not mean they should do it on their own, in a car probably larger than the one they took lessons in, less than the time it takes to buy a coffee later. Kinda deserve it tbh...

Comments

XUDT72 24

Should've given her more than a quick crash course before letting her get her license.

manb91uk 22

Just because a person is licensed to drive does not mean they should do it on their own, in a car probably larger than the one they took lessons in, less than the time it takes to buy a coffee later. Kinda deserve it tbh...

Miss Beep 14

Ummm... YDI for allowing her to drive a new vehicle. Sure it sucks but I still get anxious to drive new/newer nicer vehicles and I've had my license for nearly 3 years now (not long but I'm still much more comfortable). We scrape curbs and make little mistakes when we're still learning, we should never be in posession of a new vehicle for a while, especially without someone ensuring we drive correctly and safely.

That's why you NEVER let a teenager drive a new car - even WITH adult supervision.

bloopaloop 27

That's what you get for owning a minivan

Of course she did. What self-respecting teen can be seen is such a piece of shit? With the insurance money, get her a hot car and your wife a bus pass.

tounces7 27

You let a teenager drive a brand new vehicle?

My first one was a refurbished 12 year old car. I didn't wreck it but even a total loss wouldn't have been that big a deal.

I think my parents had the right idea. I never drove their cars after I got my license. It was about 3 years before I drove again, and that was my boyfriend’s car.

tounces7 27

What was the point of getting your license if you weren't going to drive again for another 3 years?

I have to ask why would you let your newly licensed driver, with no experience, drive your brand new vehicle?