Keep it up

By need2eat - 15/06/2009 15:48 - United States

Today, I saw my parents for the first time in 11 weeks. They commented on how much weight I lost. I told how due to stress, I hadn't been able to eat anything for the past two weeks and I was basically unintentionally starving myself. They told me to keep it up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 882
You deserved it 5 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe they weren't being totally serious? Either way, get on a healthy diet and start exercising. You'll thank yourself later in life when you're lean and healthy.

Jessaly_fml 0

That's such a parental thing to say. My mom encouraged me to take diet pills when I was 12 and at a HEALTHY weight. I don't know why parents can be so judgmental about weight, my grandma is too. If I had kids, I would think they were beautiful no matter what, regardless of weight. And dear god, if they told me they were under a lot of stress I would help them immediately...I'm sorry your parents suck.

Comments

justjayit 0

If you didn't eat anything for two weeks wouldn't you be dead? Your parents probably thought you weren't being serious, duh.

Humans can survive for a month or so with 0 food and only water, about 3-5 days without water. I would imagine bulkier people can survive a little longer without food (afterall, that's what fat is for).

ObamaKitttyy 0

FAIL #53 How could u fail at that?

Iloveyewrawrr 0

They're probably joking but if they aren't then screw them. :)

anditsashlee 0

The pill makes you gain weight?

kc2_fml 0

Remeber this always : beauty isn't skin deep... :)

Goosie 0

it's so sad that so many people on here are encouraging this saying that it's great that you lost weight and that you should be happy....about what? being so stressed out that you physically cannot eat?! a size 0 is not a natural size to be unless you're 12.

Wow, a lot of you guys are being completely close minded to the fact that the OP is so stressed she can't eat. I've been there, not for two weeks, but for a few days. It's horrible being so anxious and wound up all you do is vomit whatever you do manage to choke down. My advice is to clear up whatever it is that has you so in knots. FYL for having parents that don't understand, but honestly this is your fault, fix it. Get healthier the right way, eat right, try to keep your stress levels down (even though sometimes it's out of our control). YDI for letting whatever caused you stress to last this long when it has been hurting you like this.

jncwmnd 0

fail for #4 OP...that sucks, parents are jerks sometimes

wow don't do that. i've been there. you need to make time for some healthy food or you'll end up in a hospital connected to the ekg machine not able to breathe because of the esophagus spasms.