Just stop, please

By fuck you, mum - 11/01/2013 22:19 - United Kingdom

Today, marks the sixth day in a row that my mum has called me to discuss my upcoming wedding. She's obsessed and has intimidated the actual planner I hired into going along with her plans. She's slipped up twice already and accidentally referred to it as her own wedding. Just great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 706
You deserved it 4 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reminds me a lot of my mom... Are you sure you aren't my long-lost sister or something?

Uninvited her.. Fire the planner.. And intimidate her rat so she gets lonely..

Comments

kate3101 15

It's a shame, and I know you won't want to fall out with family. However, you have to take control of your plans. If your mum is ignoring what you want, then you have to tell her so. Be diplomatic - after all, she probably thinks she's helping - but explain to her that you appreciate her advice, but that you don't necessarily have the same taste. Discuss her ideas, and if you don't like them, say so. If you're mature enough to be getting married, then you should be adult enough to politely stand your ground without it turning into a fight. She's probably just excited. Be kind.

Ya, if she's like my mom, being diplomatic doesn't work. I talked to my mother three times telling her I felt disrespected and ignored by her decision making on everything and she still didn't get the point. I ended up having to be a total cow a few times, including on my wedding day to have the wedding i wanted and not hers.

How about you tell the bitch to **** off? Ignore her calls and have the planner block her number. It isn't her wedding. Tell her that if she doesn't stop, she isn't invited.

loveashlley 6

Sounds to me like the mother is paying for the wedding and OP doesn't want to run the risk of her getting upset and cutting off the financials.

It's YOUR wedding, so you control who's invited. Remind her of that. Sweetly.

I feel your pain, my mother became absolutely obsessed with every stupid detail too.

Do what I did. Cancel the whole damn thing and bugger off to Vegas. Valley of Fire in early November is mighty gorgeous and cost less than 1/4 of what she wanted us to fork out....

Sorry but YDI yourself for not putting your foot down for the most important day of your life! This can set the whole tune of your marriage! PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN NOW!!

vvlovesu 9

Make a stand now!!! She will run over you so put her in her place IT IS YOUR WEDDING!