By Potential Bridezilla - 10/08/2011 07:18 - United Arab Emirates

Today, a week after my fiancé and I got engaged, his mother is already complaining that she isn't involved enough in the wedding arrangements. We haven't even set a date yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 302
You deserved it 2 591

Same thing different taste

Comments

Vegas wedding tonight? I hear they have some that are Elvis themed.

JodeMiVida 13

Yup, mother-in-laws are great for happy matrimony

aeshleyrose 6

The whole "she's just concerned" thing is BS. That type of behavior is super shitty (and way too common). She'd better cut the controlling crap now before she ruins her relationship with her DIL. Trust me, it doesn't take much. I really don't get why so many MIL's can't seem to get this concept into their brains.

DIL? MIL? Dad I like? Mother I like? Honestly, I've no idea.

It will be fine as long as she makes you PB & J For your special day.

chell1894 13

you're gonna have some great in laws

Mother-in-law scrambled is Woman hitler watchout

Crush her with a bed, chop her into bits, and put her under the floorboards. :D

promisekept 2

The decomposing body would start to smell which would seep into the furniture. I'd suggest taking her remains to a pig farm and mixing it up in the pigs chow. No evidence.

fauxyhaha 0

But the "Beating of the Heart" would drive you mad haha

promisekept 2

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! -- tear up the planks! -- here, here! -- it is the beating of his hideous heart!"

aFatFuck 0

I like how you told op to viscously murder some one and then you put a smiley face at the end of it. :D

123jade456 0

dont let her down though because she will feel so bad

xk75 4

This is a test for your relationship. Take it seriously. I don't suggest RUNNING like another poster, but whether your fiancé supports YOU and the new family unit the two of you are creating, or supports his mother (or refuses to get involved- even bigger red flag specifically Spineless!), his actions will tell you everything you need to know about your future. Then you can make a truly informed decision.

I think the moment has arrived where you make it very clear that it's your wedding, not hers. Tell it, before it's too late.

Yep, this will be me in a few years :(. From what I am starting to see more and more, a lot of future mother-in-laws act like this. Stand up for yourself when the time comes, if you don't now, the rest of your marriage will be her trying to walk all over you.