It's not a phase, mom!

By cjkelly1 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my parents made me a steak dinner to celebrate me visiting home from college. I've been a vegetarian for eleven years. This is the third time they've done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 638
You deserved it 12 668

Top comments

19mandi82 0

Hmm...just a thought, but I don't think this was posted as a for/against debate. My guess is that the OP was just upset about the fact that this dinner, prepared FOR her, was full of food she has refused to eat for a long time. It sounds like the parents are one way and so they think their offspring should be the same. It's no different than if the OP was lesbian and when she got home they had the hot new neighbor guy over and tried to hook them up. I'm guessing that would give some laughs, but many more arguments that it was wrong. The fact is, the OP chose a certain lifestyle and the parents not only ignored it but tried to force their own lifestyle on her. Cut her some slack, once again...this dinner was supposed to be a "welcome home" meal.

somebody doesn't want you to be a vegitarian

Comments

heyitsmeyay 0

OMG my parents used to do that all the time. I was a vegetarian and they would buy filet mignon 'to surprise me"....

your retarded, think about it, if everyone became a vegan then cows, chickens, and other animals would out number the human population... we need to eat meat.

LiesAreBeautiful 0

or after violently killing the last of them, we could stop breeding them and that wouldn't happen :P

LiesAreBeautiful 0

I've been a vegetarian for 3 years and the same thing has happened to me! Mom is always forgetting and offering me chicken, hamburgers, etc.... -_- I'd hate to have that happen for something important like that, FYL. And to all the people hating on vegetarians, it's easy to get all the nutrition you need, it's not hard, and on average vegetarians live a lot longer than people who eat meat. So we win (:

rety1 13

just eat it... animals are delicious!!

Ydi for not eating meat. It's what humans need to survive.

I love how every FML involving vegetarians or vegans has to turn into a huge debate. Arguing about the whole thing on the Internet isn't going to change anyone's mind on the issue.

figro58 2
tb15 0

I've eaten, meat, been a vegetarian, then gone back to eating meat (in moderation) and I think the taste is overrated

Oh my, your parents cooked a whole THREE non vegetarian meals in just ELEVEN years of your life. A true FML...

It's not just a non-vegetarian meal (due to trace ingredients or some slip-up like that), it's a freaking STEAK. And they're her parents, they must know she's a vegetarian, especially if she's been one for so long. And it's a meal that's supposed to be for her, so they obviously don't care about something important to her, or they simply don't pay attention. Either way, FHL.