It's not a phase, mom!

By cjkelly1 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my parents made me a steak dinner to celebrate me visiting home from college. I've been a vegetarian for eleven years. This is the third time they've done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 638
You deserved it 12 668

Top comments

19mandi82 0

Hmm...just a thought, but I don't think this was posted as a for/against debate. My guess is that the OP was just upset about the fact that this dinner, prepared FOR her, was full of food she has refused to eat for a long time. It sounds like the parents are one way and so they think their offspring should be the same. It's no different than if the OP was lesbian and when she got home they had the hot new neighbor guy over and tried to hook them up. I'm guessing that would give some laughs, but many more arguments that it was wrong. The fact is, the OP chose a certain lifestyle and the parents not only ignored it but tried to force their own lifestyle on her. Cut her some slack, once again...this dinner was supposed to be a "welcome home" meal.

somebody doesn't want you to be a vegitarian

Comments

we were orgiginally meant to eat plants until God gave us the green light to eat all sorts of yummy delectibles. GO GOD, thanks for meat!!!!

maybe there just trying to get you to eat meat

loveurlifeJK 5

Ouch. Sorry about that, OP. It truly does suck when people to try to change your preferences or beliefs. Oh, and I’m shocked by all of the anti-vegetarian talking here. Don’t get me wrong, I myself am vegan, but I’m not going to preach and bitch and tell off everybody like how most people assume vegans would react. I have my reasons for being vegan, and others have reasons for eating meat. The hatred and whining about how “It’s unnatural”, or “It’s sick to eat animals”, and all of that nonsense is just stupid. Like I said before, I’m not here to tell all meat-eaters are wrong. Because they’re not. Humans were made to eat meat. I just chose not to. My personal reasons are A) When I DID eat meat, I was never satisfied and I always just felt gross afterwards. (I’m going to blame the grease for that.) B) I just don’t fancy the idea of wearing or eating an animal. (I just keep remembering that it’s flesh that I’m using and it grosses me out. I’m squeamish like that.) and C) It wasn’t really that hard to convert. I was never that fond of seafood, pork, beef, chicken, ect anyway. So, just to sum things up… All of this hate is pretty pointless. It’s a matter of opinion, and like it or not, you’re probably not going to change anybody’s mind by spewing out your outlooks like dragons with fire.

TrueRaiderFan22 0
emilyk123 0

tht sucks tht your parents dont pay any attention 2 u i think tht u should talk 2 them

If you just took the hint, maybe they'd stop? :p

evan234567 0

I would of taken the steak and ate it so my parents wouldn't feel bad