It's business time

By anonymous - 17/03/2015 05:09 - United States - Spokane

Today, I tried to surprise my husband by wearing something sexy to bed. He didn't say anything, just laughed and left the room for 10 minutes. The little confidence I had disappeared, so I changed, feeling stupid for thinking I could pull off sexy. He got mad at me for being confusing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 170
You deserved it 4 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You mean being laughed at for your attempt at seduction didn't turn you on and make you feel super confident? How strange. No wonder he was confused.

He shouldn't have gotten mad. You deserve better, A for effort!

Comments

from a man's point of view id be over the moon to have that effort put in. I'm not gonna speculate what the issue could be, but talk to him. might just be a big confusing misunderstanding. best of luck.

Exact same thing has happened to me OP. It stings but it's not your fault.

He was probably so overwhelmed by the sexiness he didn't know what to do and laughed as a nervous reaction...either that or he's gay

Hi OP he might have gone to take Viagra. Just sayin'. Have more confidence in yourself!

I had a similar situation with my husband, I showed up in my lingerie, he looked up from his computer said "nice, oh check out this hilarious video!" I was pretty upset and left the room again and changed while he watched the video. Then he got mad because he said he was really excited, but clearly not enough to turn off the computer. He apologized the following day though and felt quite sheepish because what was supposed to be a hot night turned into me snuggling with my pillow in my wooly pajamas.

He should have seized the opportunity then... If you're excited for something, you don't put it off unless you have a good reason. And browsing the web is never a good reason, because all that time wasting fun will still be there the next day.

SystemofaBlink41 27

So, because he didn't drop what he was doing immediately, it meant he wasn't excited *enough*? I mean, I don't agree with laughing at your wife or really anything that involves being a dick, but that's kind of a very strict outlook. So, if he were to walk in butt naked whille he left behind a trail of rose petals, you'd leave whatever you're invested in IMMEDIATELY without a second thought?

#68 > Hmm yeah if my husband was pulling a hot stunt like that, I would drop everything I am doing if it doesn't require my immediate attention, ie. having something on the stove or being in the middle of an important phone call. I don't consider watching a funny video on the internet as an emergency so I don't feel I overreacted in the circumstances. But as I said, he realized he messed up and hasn't done anything similar since.

*treats wife badly* *wife gets upset* "I just don't get women, man, they're so confusing, it's like they're from another dimension!"

I can't understand how in the world a man couldn't feel grateful to his woman trying to be sexy.

I would have made a friendly laugh too if my girlfriend did that -- out of excitement! "i'm going to get some, ta da daa". And i would be mad too if she changes her clothes back while i was in bathroom getting ready for some action.

And you wouldn't understand how laughing could be interpreted way differently than excitement?

Aaand you'd be 100% in the wrong if you did nothing but laugh and then leave. She isn't a mind reader.. if you're going to do something like that, how about say "Babe, you look amazing... just give me a minute, I'll be right back."

You expect us to be mind readers half the time

53- That's a bit of a generalization, don't you think?

The way i read this was that you were all sexy dressed and he saw. Let out a chuckle, went to go get ready for you and was mad that you changed.

Why does a man need 10 minutes or any time at all to "get ready"? I've never had a man make me wait so he could "get ready for sex." Is he putting on makeup or something?

38, he was probably going to get stuff set up for foreplay, or for the sex to leave the room to a different area.