Intervention

By _Tatyana_ - 13/06/2013 07:05 - United States - Gettysburg

Today, after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I woke up from a much needed nap realizing I should take my pain medication. My mother then told me she had thrown them out so I wouldn't get addicted and become a drug dealer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 982
You deserved it 3 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can some parents be this stupid? It baffles me.

Let me throw out my computer so I don't become a **** star.

Comments

russianspy1234 11

Wow that sucks... I've seen this story (or something similar) come up on this site a couple times and it always makes we wince because I remember how horrible the pain was. My recommendation is to spend the next few days almost constantly screaming, especially at night (the pain will keep you up anyways) just so your mom can see how much pain she's caused you.

Could be worse, I have allergies to some of the more common types of pain medicine... Doctor's generally struggle to deal with me so I get very little (I'm not allergic to the drug itself, I'm allergic to the stuff they use to make it which means I have a long list).

skyeyez9 24

Good thing you didn't have your chest sawed open and open heart surgery. I couldn't imagine the pain involved with that and your mom confiscated your pain meds.

Sounds like the only "wisdom" removed was your mother's!!

imho, you don't need anything stonger than ibueprofin unless you get dry socket... didn't have dry socket so I can't say if it's bad or not.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Mr. Dope man dope man can I get a hit? Ahh Easy E.

Huh... I didn't even know it was routine for them to give you prescription painkillers for wisdom teeth removal. But then again, I didn't know people got put to sleep for it either. I was awake for mine and just got told to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen if I had pain, which I didn't. I only had one removed though, a year or so ago, the other three are still hanging out above the gumline minding their own business, so I'm not opting to have what for me would be extra and pointless dental surgery.

#66: I think it depends on the job the dentist does and how many teeth are taken out. I had all 4 of mine taken out because they were impacted (and there was no way I was staying awake for that lol) and he was pretty rough about it, so I had to take prescription painkillers and only drink liquids for the next week. It sucked. :( But I had a friend who had all 4 of hers taken out, and was fine the very next day. Lucky.

Haha, maybe. Mine was so large and my jaw is really small, so it did take him about forty-five minutes to get it out (and I spent the whole time back arched with my hands gripping the armrests for dear life... XD), but it didn't hurt at all, I just couldn't stand the sound the pliers made when they kept slipping off the tooth. I had been on a liquid diet for about a week beforehand, because the tooth had dropped down unexpectedly (I'm 29 and just assumed if they hadn't broken through, they never would) and pressed against my jaw, making me unable to open it enough to eat real food. :(

She probably didn't get hers pulled out. So much wisdom in that head of hers

paranoia is not your friend. I would stage an intervention about her anxiety, paranoia, and meddling. Explain that it's become a huge problem, with her acting out against doctor's orders and causing you extreme pain. Write a speech, the whole deal, and beg her to get help. Get add many family members in on it add you can.