Intervention

By _Tatyana_ - 13/06/2013 07:05 - United States - Gettysburg

Today, after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I woke up from a much needed nap realizing I should take my pain medication. My mother then told me she had thrown them out so I wouldn't get addicted and become a drug dealer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 982
You deserved it 3 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can some parents be this stupid? It baffles me.

Let me throw out my computer so I don't become a **** star.

Comments

Well there's a perfect example of wisdom with age.

Smack her in the mouth and see how she feels! Taking someone's meds away....GEEZ!

Hey I just got mine pulled too; sucks, doesn't it?

Looks like someone ELSE got their wisdom teeth pulled.

Pain sucks but actually your mom did you a favour. You can handle it- and not poison your body.

Acute post-operative pain is more stress on your body than a short course of narcotics would be. There is no reason to be in pain if you don't have to be, and post-op narcs rarely lead to abuse or addiction.

You are a moron for thinking that.

Wow, I'm truly boggled that someone would think that's an acceptable comment to make. That is such irresponsible advice.

It's actually dangerous to stress the body with extreme pain especially after a surgery.

Narcotics used for post-operative pain RARELY lead to an addiction, unless you really have a history of addiction/an addictive personality. When I had my wisdom teeth removed I got codeine for the first two days, then Tylenol with codeine. You can buy Tylenol with codeine OTC. Maybe send a friend to get you some of those, they might take the edge off.

TheDrifter 23

If they're not working well enough, add a shot of whiskey. It has a numbing sopophoric effect when mixed with codeine.

Sopophoric? You mean soporific? That said, taking a narcotic with alcohol is NOT the smartest idea.

it is if you don't enjoy breathing lol

coolboy675 16

Imagine if you wanted to pursue a career being a pharmacist. This would be an awkward moment when you look back.

Nolimit2217 32

Sorry you have a crazy mother.

aldwin_fml 7

How about I throw out my cell phone so I won't prank call random strangers?