I'm not paid enough for this

By aaaa - 25/09/2018 17:30

Today, while helping a child through a tantrum, I was kicked and my hand broke. The bone is completely in half and fixing it will require plates, screws, and surgery along with months of recovery. Another day on the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 235
You deserved it 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, at least you have Worker's Comp to get you going! Almost makes up for the pain

Alup132 22

I think there’s gotta be someone, whether work or the parents, that can at least partially pay for the expenses.

Comments

Hey, at least you have Worker's Comp to get you going! Almost makes up for the pain

Alup132 22

I think there’s gotta be someone, whether work or the parents, that can at least partially pay for the expenses.

sparx1_1 12

Depending on what the child's behaviour is like on a day to day basis, you can sue the parents for basically having a horrible child and you can sue the daycare/school for not doing enough to protect the staff from said horrible child.

This is what happens when you whup a misbehaving child with your bare hands instead of an object. While you recover, read up on modern child-rearing practice by experts like Joan Crawford and Adrian Peterson.

DraftHail614 17
sparx1_1 12

This is why I hate the people who made spankings illegal.

bliadddrwg42 4

OP I worked a job where the risks of injury from a child were also pretty extreme. I think people don't realize how couldn't children can become when having an episode like that, especially when you yourself are working so hard to help the child and ensure that they themselves are not injured.

sparx1_1 12

Unless that child has severe mental or emotional issue then "intervention" is just permission to become more violent. It's the lack of consequences that encourages this behaviour for most kids. I looked after kids with behaviour problems and amazingly they stopped having problems almost immediately. And no, I never laid a hand on any kids. It's amazing how quickly they get their shit together when a temper tantrum in the morning means no cookies in the afternoon.

Are you a doctor in that town from Children of the Corn?

Did superman kick you? how frail are you that a child kick breaks bone?

when i was 5 i turned drywall into swiss cheese. some children are just really really strong.

Drywall and human bone are no where near the same. Not even a little close. You can break drywall with hardly any effort.

I'm so sorry. I work with special needs adults. Thankfully I haven't had anything too bad happen, but I've been slapped in the face and yelled at. Care work is very important, but also high stress. I hope you heal quick!

Oh god please tell me that the brat’s (I don’t call all kids that, understand) parents are paying your medical bills.

Sorry, OP. I babysat a 2-year-old the other day and she accidentally punched me in the nose - it hurt like hell, and that was on accident! People don't understand how much physical damage little kids are capable of causing.