I'm listening!

By Iamthatgirl - 27/08/2014 04:56 - United States - Ada

Today, my boyfriend and I were having a conversation about the lack of communication in our relationship. I told him that sometimes I feel like he doesn't really care about me at all. If he did, he would listen more. His response? "I know your name, don't I?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 435
You deserved it 5 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JCal585 8

For real- do you think he's going to suddenly change if y'all got married? I wouldn't waste my time.. Find the man that can't wait to see you and hear all about your day and quit wasting time with immature fools.

Comments

JMichael 25

You may think it's that easy, but letting somebody you love go is challenging

Why is it that in literally every single FML about relationships people try to get the OP to drink their SO? Do you think OP is going to read your comment and go like "Splendid. I shall do just that."?

JCal585 8

For real- do you think he's going to suddenly change if y'all got married? I wouldn't waste my time.. Find the man that can't wait to see you and hear all about your day and quit wasting time with immature fools.

Okay this is jokey as ****. Obviously this man probably isn't being serious about his response. This is either made up or just meant as a joke.

Where did you get the topic of marriage from, OP never mentioned anything about marriage

Life is too short to stick with someone who doesn't appreciate you. If you love him, work on it. If you don't, keep it moving. He can be someone else's jerk.

RedPillSucks 31

She may love him, but it doesn't sound like he loves her back. Not much to work on.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

He won't ever change unless he wants to (and it doesn't sound like he does). Just keep that in mind, OP. Never try to change someone because it'll never work.

Ask him if he knows anything else. If he's not taking the time to know you deeper and/or investing his time and effort into the relationship, then it looks like you might be wasting your time that could be spent on someone more deserving.

Sorry OP, but it sounds like you need to cut your losses and leave him.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Yeah, I agree. She definitely deserves better.

You should say, "Well, I know the name of your brother, don't I?"

I think #9 is trying to say OP should drop the hint that she's cheating on her boyfriend with his brother, as if cheating is ever the answer.

jmdnba097 12

Or that knowing someone's name is not enough to be considered listening. Not necessarily that she is cheating

A1BROS 4

A good joke with bad timing is a bad joke.