How very dare you?

By FOXYgrandpa441 - 19/07/2012 00:41 - United States - Casper

Today, I was getting lunch at a fast food restaurant. My boss was in front of me, and in order to get on his good side I offered to pay. Instead, I got fired because I guess my boss assumed I was making fun of his salary, which I knew nothing about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 531
You deserved it 3 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man I am sure you can explain to him that you were just trying to be nice. If he still doesn't believe you then, good luck finding a new job! Hopefully things will work out for you!

People are getting more and more jumpy and sensitive these days... As they say, kindness is seldom rewarded.

Comments

2RaRa25 6

Well, I think since he fired you, you can claim unemployment. It comes out of his pocket. That totally sucks though. It sounds like you're lucky you don't work with him anymore.

Your boss should pay for your lunch once in a while, not the other way around!

noisebox 1

Where do these bosses come from on FML another planet, are they shape shifting reptilians?

kitkatkit 4

OP sounds like a **** up... He's trying to get on his boss' good side which sounds to me like he screws up all the time. His boss probably has plenty of reasons to fire him.

Wow, I think that's pretty messed up that you can just be fired in the US. In South Africa you could have nailed that boss.

You guess he assumed. Yeah, right. Maybe he doesn't like you trying to getting on his good side via bribery instead of work? I'm guessing.

mowmowlife 21

Can he actually fire you for that? That's rich. You should knock some cents into him.

Does America have no unfair dismissal laws or something?!?!?!?!

Sanch101 7

I've said it once i will say it again. If people are truly allowed to fire people for such trivial things the employment laws in the US must be truly obscene and rife with abuse.

Explain and ask for your job back. Failing that, sue the ****** for wrongful termination.