How very dare you?

By FOXYgrandpa441 - 19/07/2012 00:41 - United States - Casper

Today, I was getting lunch at a fast food restaurant. My boss was in front of me, and in order to get on his good side I offered to pay. Instead, I got fired because I guess my boss assumed I was making fun of his salary, which I knew nothing about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 531
You deserved it 3 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man I am sure you can explain to him that you were just trying to be nice. If he still doesn't believe you then, good luck finding a new job! Hopefully things will work out for you!

People are getting more and more jumpy and sensitive these days... As they say, kindness is seldom rewarded.

Comments

Your boss is a jerk, & immature!!! How can he fire you for something that is not work related... You should take him to department of labor!! That JERK!!

Your name frightens me OP.......unless it's a Spongebob reference, in which case......nope still frightens me.

your life sucks, op. but its kind of amazing how you actually 'guessed' what your boss 'assumed'. that would be too much of jumping to conclusions there were. oh but sure if he's not being reasonable he wouldnt let you know how he thinks of its. your life does suck, op.

I think he used assume like the boss assumed it was a money reference and guess because it was strongly implied but still not directly stated. The boss may have told him during the argument something like "What, you don't think I can afford it myself? I'm higher up than you! You're fired!". The guess would be about salary since he mentioned being higher up in the company and that he could afford it (again, just a possibility)

Sounds like your boss is a jackass. Legally he can't fire you like that. If he is indeed serious, you SHOULD take legal action against him. He's not the sort of boss you (or anyone) should have to work for.

spaija 8

legally, he can, for whatever reason except gender, age, race and religious belifs. in usa, the employment is at will, meaning you can be fired and you can quit whenever you want for whatever reason.

wow...your boss is an insecure little ****!!!

spaija 8

not all bosses like those bastards that pretends to be nice to them while stabbing them in the back afterwards. he just don't want to owe you a favor just because you spent few bucks to buy him a hamburger.

mrnuleef 7

You know what they say, when one door closes, a many more open up! Fy boss's l for losing a decent employee. He deserves it.

So wait... do you make more money than your boss? Or did he think you were making fun of him for being pov, when you are even more pov?

He sounds very insecure. He probably took your offer as a sign of cockiness or arrogance. Little, petty people do not know how to respond to kindness and are often suspicious of it. Sorry that you are out of a job because of it. But you sound like a nice person...so I'm glad you won't work for such a jerk - and would hope you wind up working somewhere even better (with a nicer boss!),

Sue his dumbass for unlawful termination. What a retard.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

But it isn't unlawful termination. In the USA, employment is "at will," which means you can be fired or can quit for any reason at all, whenever. (besides gender, race, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs...I may have missed one).

MistaKrista 8

Not in the entire USA. Just certain states.