Handful

By Mary - 19/10/2009 01:11 - France

Today, I was walking my dogs when I noticed one of them had found something, and was eating it. After my command to "drop it" went unheeded, I took it upon myself to scoop it out of her mouth with my finger. After getting it all over my hand, I realized it was a piece of another dog's poop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 828
You deserved it 6 933

Same thing different taste

Top comments

janise 2

I think many people are missing the point that the OP didn't know what was in the dog's mouth. Part of being a responsible dog owner is ensuring the dog doesn't consume something that could make them ill. Unfortunately, sometimes that means taking something out of their mouths.

Maybe because if it was something dangerous the dog coukd suffocate, idiot?

Comments

Bizzailey 0
Siivela 0

I really don't see the big deal here. Wash your hands and the problem is solved- no crap in your dog's stomach and no more shit on your hand. My puppy used to do this all the time but with turkey droppings and I had to stick my hand in her mouth everytime and get the crap out. I would look into getting a higher quality dog food (less fillers = feed less food/will satisfy the dog, more nutrients< less likely to eat crap, and the dog will shit less) and teaching the 'leave it' command to prevent any more shit-related incidents. It's unpleasant but certainly not FML worthy.

actually, dogs eat shit by instinct, not for nutrition. it was required from an evolutionary standpoint because if they didn't, the smell would draw predators to their dens.

Siivela 0

That's why I suggested the leave it command. If you set boundaries as to what is acceptable to pick up/ not pick up they won't act on that instinct. Although I do agree that it is instinctual, in some cases it is due to nutrition. More fillers mean the dog ***** out most of the food. Therefore, the shit will smell like- surprise-food.

Easy way to train your dog not to eat something (this worked with my extremely stubborn dog when she was eating rotten pecans in the backyard): 1. Grab two pots/pans. Hold them where your dog can't see them. 2. Throw some of the offending material on the floor. 3. As your dog lunges in to eat it, bang the pans together. 4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times.

that sounds perfect. the OPs gonna throw some shit on the floor a few times.

livn4fun89 0

hahaha i feel your pain. my dog eats cat shit from the litter box, and my mom makes us get it away from him.

I'm assuming your a cat person? And why is it that you hate dogs? I have 2 dogs, 3 birds, a rat and a cat.(+ 4 other humans) Every animal has a right to live. Every animal rocks. Specially chicken. They taste good. :P Actually, my friend has 2 chickens. But not to eat.

welcome to the world of dog ownership! get used to it!

i had a dead bird and a mouse that was still alive last night!