Gross

By Chicagoillinois - 03/01/2015 21:16 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my step-dad explained to me why he doesn't need to wash his body. He condescendingly said, "Well when you shampoo your hair, the soap runs down your body and cleans everything." He's 37 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 763
You deserved it 2 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rosha267 21

And then you explain to him that it doesn't, especially not his armpits.

Comments

My skin gets irritated if I use any sort of shower gel or body wash regularly, so I have to just use water. Shampoo seems to have done a good job for me as it runs down, obviously the places it doesn't reach gets done separately. At least he washes.

It's not going to go to his armpits, which is the stinkiest part of your body. Yeah, he needs to work on his personal hygiene.

There's parts of the body that smell worse when not washed and properly scrubbed. Examples: the belly button, the naughty bits, the butt, and potentially his feet if he doesn't regularly trim or clean underneath his toenails. The buildup of dead skin mixed with bacteria is a powerful thing- and not in a good way.

Ask him if he also washes his car by putting some soap on the top and just rinsing it down the sides.

I wonder if he's had this belief all his life. And if so how has no one ever spoken up about it

Maybe you should be happy he isn't your biological father? Intelligence may not be 100% genetic but you never know

What's he going to do when he goes bald and has no use for shampoo anymore.. Hmm..

how old are you if your step dad is 37 that either makes him really young or your 10

Not necessarily. Perhaps OP's mom married a younger man, or maybe she had him when she was quite young.

KanaRose 1

Not everyone has children at 27 years old. My father is 39 and I'm turning 19 this year.

That is disgusting. You should tell your mom this.