Supervision

By cocoapuffs4life - 10/06/2015 23:45 - Canada - Aurora

Today, I was told by my manager to make sure the supervisor on shift does his job. Last month I was told I couldn't be a supervisor. Apparently I can supervise someone who earns more than I do though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 714
You deserved it 1 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you're trusted, so hopefully they're saving you for a better position! Hopefully.

So you watch someone that watches you. INCEPTION..!

Comments

So you watch someone that watches you. INCEPTION..!

ColonelCusswords 24

Killer dramatic trumpet sounds

I don't think i knew where I was going with that. sorry ^_^u

Give your manager false info, get your supervisor fired and take his job. Simple.

Yes. Because sabotage is always the answer. Shame on you, Sir.

It is a plan, I did not say it was a good one :)

I like most people only have (if we are honest) one or two excellent ideas a year. This does not seem worthy to use one of them up on :)

leogachi 15

@8 I laughed a little too hard.

leogachi 15

@16 No, but only because I had just gone to the bathroom before reading that.

ColonelCusswords 24

Sounds like you're trusted, so hopefully they're saving you for a better position! Hopefully.

Or more likely they know OP would do a wonderful job and are afraid OP would request a pay raise so they hired a horrible supervisor thinking the supe they hired would never bother asking for more money than he/she makes now.

Sounds like the current supervisor needs to be fired if you have to watch to make sure he watches everybody else correctly.

just say that babysitting isn't what you signed up for with the paycheck of an employee

it depends on your esteem needs .. being in a higher post always come first for me

I feel Ya OP. This year, the hiring wage at my company has been increased. That means, I am training people who are making more money than me, also considering I have accumulated three years of annual raises. Working for people sucks.

That's pretty unfair they haven't raised everyone else's wages. :/

Inquire as to why you can't be a supervisor. Is it because you don't work enough hours? Or have you not been with the company long enough? It may not be that he doesn't think you're qualified; it might just be that you don't meet the job description's minimums.

katachristic 19

There's no such thing as strict minimums on time with the company or previous experience. If you're desirable enough, companies will pay reasonably to keep you. That being said, the manager could be too incompetent to realize this.