Gross

By seriously_CAT - 21/10/2015 02:26

Today, I had to try to convince my roommate that, yes, you do need to use dish soap when you hand wash dishes because of bacteria in old food. She still won't believe me, insisting that, "There's no such thing as bacteria in food." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 646
You deserved it 1 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make them a special dinner with raw chicken and eggs

Comments

Sometimes I don't understand how some people can be so stupid.

my roomate does the same thing , I don't let her use my dishes anymore ??

New roommate time! Who else knows what else is getting cleaned!

As others have said - soap loosens grease. Hot water kills bacteria. Still no excuse for not using soap.

Dish soap makes it easier to get food and oil off the dishes. If you can achieve that with hot water, it wouldn't matter about not using the dish soap. But FYL for having to room with someone so stupid as to think bacteria don't exist on food.

Oil doesnt mix with water. The soap helps remove the food bits that are too small to see. If food is left on the dish new bacteria will grow regardless lf how hot the water you used to wash it was.

if you don't use dish soap how would she expect dishes ever to get clean

Yogurt containers usually say something about having "good bacteria" in it or you could bring her to the microbiology lab and see if the professor will let you grow some on a TSA plate.

Feed her raw chicken and we'll see how long she keeps thinking that.

Yeeeeah, that's disgusting. Let a sink of dishes with stuck on food sit in water for maybe twelve hours (even less, depending on what kind of food it is) and see if that changes her mind. The smell and general grossness of it surely will.