Gross

By seriously_CAT - 21/10/2015 02:26

Today, I had to try to convince my roommate that, yes, you do need to use dish soap when you hand wash dishes because of bacteria in old food. She still won't believe me, insisting that, "There's no such thing as bacteria in food." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 646
You deserved it 1 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make them a special dinner with raw chicken and eggs

Comments

Depends on the food, really. Also, If it bothers you that much, you can always do your own dishes.

butterbunny 15

Leave some food out on the counter and let it start growing stuff (something that won't smell) that should show her

loveless000 2

Either she's ridiculously stupid or she's trying be be sly & get you to wash her dishes. Show her proof & if she refuses then yeah might need to find someone else...

andrewn2468 4

Leave a Pack of Raw fish/Baloney under their bed, let's see how long they last. Point Made

kendallskakb 13

Isn't it truly amazing how dumb and smart people can be

account_to_poost 3

You are wrong, your roommate is right. You only need the soap to loosen dried, stuck, caked-on, or cooked-on food. Scalding hot water is what kills bacteria and "germs" If you *just* finished eating off a dish, and nothing is dried or stuck on, you can rinse it off to remove what's left, then rinse in scalding water, and it will be clean.

OP is wrong, but in no way was the roommate right. Antibacterial soap is not appropriate for dishes unless someone has an immune condition: I don't feel it is right for washing your hands, frankly, with the same caveat. Most people don't use them properly anyway, even leaving aside all of the concerns surrounding the overuse of antibacterial agents, of which there are many. But the roommate didn't object that very hot water and clean surfaces were all that were needed to provide safe, clean dishes: the roommate objected to the idea that bacteria lives in food. And THAT is absurd.

raunchaholic 7

I think we all know what needs to happen... New roommate...who has a brain? Or proper cleaning methods...

cynthianicole95 9

Your roomate needs to retake science.