Great timing

By wideeyeddays - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Pasadena

Today, my dad thought it was a great idea to text me and say he'd had to put our dog down. I was in the middle of class and still had hours left at school. It's not fun to walk across campus holding back tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 212
You deserved it 1 695

Top comments

I know the feeling.. animals, especially dogs are of the same importance as humans in most peoples lives.

VashSN17 10

That must've been awful.. I've never had a dog but I've always wanted one.. sorry for your loss...

Comments

I remember losing my dog. She was a sister to me. I'm so sorry you didn't get to say goodbye. But don't be ashamed of crying, I'm sure your friends will understand. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. x

That's brutal. Don't be ashamed of tears. Each one shows how much you cared about your pet.

Pro Tip: If you have personal bad news to share and you want to do so using the 'phone, use the 'phone. Not the text. Not the email. Not the FB/InG/Tw/SnCht/etc. Make a telephone call and give the news with your voice. That way you aren't a complete heartless arse about it.

My parents did that to me twice and it was awful. That's news that needs to wait for the appropriate time. I'm sorry, OP.

Would you rather he just waited for you to ask where the dog was? And then tell you it went to a farm to be with it's friends?

Geckosrock99 33

I would rather them wait until school was out or until I got home. It was very insensitive of them to tell OP via text during school hours.

I would've waited until they got home like a sensible human being

What was wrong with the dog that it had to be put down?

That's awful op I know dogs are like family to many and myself

I may have misread, but ya possible the dad was pranking her. I hope that was the case, better a ****** up prank than to actually lose someone.

I read it the same way. I thought he was just pulling a prank by saying it ?

I thought that the first time I read it, then I realized it was more likely the dog actually passed and op is complaining that he text her during class to tell her.

if only we could bring back the ones who are no more..

Hey buddy, go be a douche somewhere else.

You've obviously never had a dog (or at least had a good bond with one). Otherwise you'd know it isn't as simple as "get another one" and you'll be fine and over its death, like it never even existed. Sure, having a new dog could help distract you and help you heal, but you'll still have the pain of losing the other.

I hope you know you're being an ass for saying something like that.