Great timing

By wideeyeddays - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Pasadena

Today, my dad thought it was a great idea to text me and say he'd had to put our dog down. I was in the middle of class and still had hours left at school. It's not fun to walk across campus holding back tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 212
You deserved it 1 695

Top comments

I know the feeling.. animals, especially dogs are of the same importance as humans in most peoples lives.

VashSN17 10

That must've been awful.. I've never had a dog but I've always wanted one.. sorry for your loss...

Comments

so sorry for your loss. i am gettignready to losr my baby. she is 13nalmosr 14. she goes friday.

PANDORUM89 21

I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost a few animals, the most recent animal being my horse that I've had since his birth 6 years ago. I have to sell him because I can't afford board anymore and everyday I have to fight back tears. hugs for you

mwali02 32

So sorry OP. RIP furry friend.

Was there anything wrong with the dog? ( health wise ) or does your dad not know that animals have feelings to and shouldn't just be discarded of when he feels like it ?

1 think you're being selfish. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry for your dad's loss too and I feel bad that he had to make a hard decision like this. I doubt your dad woke up this morning and said " I think I'll put down her dog AND then leave her a message in the middle of school so she can suffer." There isn't a good time for these things and maybe he thought you might be with friends and they would comfort you.

Honestly? I would have right away called him to verify whether this was real or not. Second…if it IS real…I would right away go to my teachers and tell them what happened, then go to the office and basically tell your dad to pick you up early. After getting news like that…there's no way you can focus enough on school. I've so far had 3 dogs. Every time we lost one of them though, it completely and utterly broke my heart beyond words. I myself did not have the capacity to focus on shook work right after losing them…

I know how you feel... my dad called me at work to tell me about my dog passing away. Well, he called me for another reason, then said, 'actually, while I've got you on the phone...' My mum was furious, and I was crying for the rest of the day... luckily I was able to leave work early!