Great timing

By wideeyeddays - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Pasadena

Today, my dad thought it was a great idea to text me and say he'd had to put our dog down. I was in the middle of class and still had hours left at school. It's not fun to walk across campus holding back tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 212
You deserved it 1 695

Top comments

I know the feeling.. animals, especially dogs are of the same importance as humans in most peoples lives.

VashSN17 10

That must've been awful.. I've never had a dog but I've always wanted one.. sorry for your loss...

Comments

Omg OP I feel sorry for you and your loss. Hopefully you can recover from this, what a dick move from your dad.

I wouldn't have stayed at school - I would have taken the rest of the day off whether they liked it or not. Take care OP

I had to put my dog of 11 years down on January 2 of this year, it's been a month and I still miss her every day, I made a necklace out of her dog tag though so I can always have a part of her with me. I was fortunate to be there with her in the end though. Truly sorry for your loss OP, the only thing you can remember is that he/she is no longer suffering, and while your dad didn't think to let you be there, watching your beloved pet die is extremely difficult, and perhaps he was hoping to spare you that pain, because as I look back on her the first memory is the last I have of her in that vet's office. You will at least have the memories of him/her at home. His timing isn't great and really you should have just gone home, but he did what he thought was best to help the family pet. Feel better OP, it'll get better with time.

Sorry for your loss. May your dog R.I.P.

Isa_fml 20

Oh, no, that's awful. :( I'm really sorry OP.

He could have at least waited till you were home so you could have been there

I am so sorry. That was really awful of your dad. My "stepmother" emailed me to tell me my father died. I got the email from his account, while I was at work (as a teechur). I will never understand how people can be so truly thoughtless. Do they really think this news isn't going to impact us!? Or is it that they just don't think?!

'To put down a dog' is just a nicer way to say it than saying killing the poor animal. It's better to give the dog to a shelter if its creating issues than to take its life.