Great start to life

By Anonymous - 27/07/2023 11:00 - United States

Today, after discovering that I’m pregnant from a week-long fling three months ago, I reached out to the guy, praying he’d be willing to offer some financial support, as I’m flat broke. Turns out he died in a car accident last month. I can’t even afford an abortion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 916
You deserved it 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that Planned Parenthood can help you. Too bad you live in a 3rd world country like the US. I live in one of the poorest countries in Europe. Make an abortion here is free.

Oh my God...this FML is genuinely one of the most saddest I've ever read...shit. Maybe try a GoFundMe to help pay for the abortion? Or maybe if you give birth to the child, put it up for adoption...I'm sorry this happened to you.

Comments

Oh my God...this FML is genuinely one of the most saddest I've ever read...shit. Maybe try a GoFundMe to help pay for the abortion? Or maybe if you give birth to the child, put it up for adoption...I'm sorry this happened to you.

smartal 3

a go fund me for an abortion. the lunacy of todays modern era

Indeed. You pro-life people often are lunatics ;)

I don't know smartal(I?), but I read that more like, "Having to make a gofundme when it should be free? Lunacy." Which I agree with, living in a place where abortions are actually free.

Nikki 16

Wouldn’t have to go fund me if abortions were free and accessible like they should be

gross. birth control is around for a reason. abortion isn't a form of birth control and given out like candy. although you sound like your very familiar with abortions and like to use them instead of being a adult.

I think that Planned Parenthood can help you. Too bad you live in a 3rd world country like the US. I live in one of the poorest countries in Europe. Make an abortion here is free.

smartal 3

that’s not the brag that you think it is…

ensure that everyone, rich and poor, has access to reproductive health?

Nikki 16

And yet as a women, I’d take the poor European country over America any day

That's his excuse! The lengths people will go to to avoid paying others!

mcsmee 7

If the only reason that you're considering an abortion is that you don't want to go through this alone, it might be good to try to find his family. They might be interested in assisting you through pregnancy and childcare considering that it is their grandchild and a legacy from their deceased son.

What a beautiful thought. OP, you should totally go for this.

Abortion is 1,5K at most (and thats including hotel costs if needed), hospital birth is 10K at minimum. If she can't afford to have an abortion, then she can't afford to give birth.

I can't second this enough. Reach out to his parents. Be prepared to get a paternity test, make it one of the first things you say to them. But reach out. They *may* not be interested but if they loved him then they'll love their grandchild even more now. If you can't handle/support a child right now then his family may be willing to foster/adopt and allow you access. If they aren't interested then please don't do anything stupid. There are countless people out there who would love you for the rest of their lives for allowing them to adopt the baby. You may not have a choice about having the baby, but you DO have choices about what happens to it. But reach out to his family as soon as you can get in contact with them. You are carrying a part of their lost son, unless they're completely effed up, then they'll want to know and they'll want the child in their lives. 🫂🫂🫂🫂

OzzieAnna 2

there are herbal ways to..... force an ejection. but I agree with mcsmee, contact his parents as they may want his child.

This is a rough story but I have an even darker take on it. How sure are you he's actually dead? I just wonder how many "car accidents" have caused his "death" over the years trying to hide from his responsibilities.

Find the guy's parents. There is a good chance they'll want to raise and support the last (and maybe first) offspring they have from their son.

You had a week-long fling and didn't use protection once? YDI.

leogs23 24

U taking stepdad applications?