Get a grip

By Hopelesshomeless - 12/03/2013 18:35 - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I moved back to my home town. My best friend and I had arranged to rent a house together that we both liked. I finished my last day at work and made the three-hour drive, only for her to break down and tell me that she isn't "ready" to move out of her parents' basement. She's 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 188
You deserved it 2 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ninjaqueen101 18
a_lenzmeier 11

How could she do that? She already thought her friend was a hundred percent sure, hence the arrangement. It's not her fault her friend flaked last minute.

Comments

you probably should have made sure she was 100% first

a_lenzmeier 11

How could she do that? She already thought her friend was a hundred percent sure, hence the arrangement. It's not her fault her friend flaked last minute.

MrBrightside21 20

Just like that girl in Miami was "100% sure" she was on the pill. But if there's one thing I've learned from this site... Shit happens. You can't always be "100% sure."

MrBrightside21 20

I wish how many "thumbs up's" I get on my comments didn't determine how bad of a person I am. 'Twas just a joke. I am your prey, I admit that to you, Mr. "YouAreMyPrey." Now let me go think of a clever comeback so I can feel superior to you. Until next time sir... until next time.

#5- It's called securing a monetary deposit from the other party so wen they back out, one has time to find another roommate without having to dish out for someone else's bullshit.

ninjaqueen101 18

I read "Ovary Attached Daughter", haha xD

iLike2Teabag 27

The person that uses iLike2Teabag as their username, is telling someone else to have class.

That isn't ready? Shouldn't "she" be there?

XDsmileyDX_fml 24
XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Sounds like someone you probably wouldn't want to room with anyways.

laughtersplay 14

No really? What gave it away?

36, I hope your joking. She was using sarcasm. Even if She was being a smartass.

Hmm **** My life.. Yea, because posting it here doesn't tell us that op's were ****** in some way..

11-"imhere4fml" apparently you're here as grammar enforcement. Not needed but thanks for playing....

33, neither are you so kindly GTFO. Kthnxbai.

Maybe it was for the best op don't worry, maybe she should let you stay with her for a little until you get a place of your own

umm what part of "parent's basement" didn't we understand?

Imhere4fml 24

Try to convince her ? Persuading her could be worth a try and might work. Unless she persuades you to move back with your parents. Your call OP!

I'd give up on her. I hate people who never challenge themselves in life. Staying living at home at that age?? She's either boring as ****, a total moron or a mummies girl. If she is too poor to leave home, that's a different story I guess.

Just be grateful you got out of it while you still could! She'd have probably been a nightmare to live with.

People have different ways of growing up and going out on their own, but she definitely should have told you before you showed up. Sorry OP

Imagine her maturity if she moved in...