Get a grip

By Hopelesshomeless - 12/03/2013 18:35 - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I moved back to my home town. My best friend and I had arranged to rent a house together that we both liked. I finished my last day at work and made the three-hour drive, only for her to break down and tell me that she isn't "ready" to move out of her parents' basement. She's 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 188
You deserved it 2 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ninjaqueen101 18
a_lenzmeier 11

How could she do that? She already thought her friend was a hundred percent sure, hence the arrangement. It's not her fault her friend flaked last minute.

Comments

calm her down. and talk to her when she's a bit better. I realize ops situation is frustrating, but perhaps a little patience is the best way for the friend to change her mind.

Lemme guess. an actual nerdy girl, shy, likes comic books, anime, video games, writes/reads erotic fan fiction? Any of these hitting a mark?

Pathetic. She needs to grow up and you need some mature friends who aren't wusses

Axel5238 29

She may have some separation anxiety. Also, may not be able to make enough right now to help pay for an apartment. It happens, she was probably counting on a pay raise to be able to split the place.

You mean you didn't get any type of deposit from her toward the property? Never go into something with a contract unless all deposits are secured, even with "friends"...

Don't worry, OP. I work with a guy who's like 48, and he still lives with his parents. What's worse is that he gets his mom to do everything for him. Now that's pathetic.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Never count on that person for something serious in the future or you'll simply be disappointed. See if your parents will let you move in and then get two jobs and your own place ASAP.

Oh OP, your friend's still an emerging adult. Maybe at 26 she'll be independent.