Free TV

By Anonymous - 20/02/2013 22:55 - United States - Ithaca

Today, I discovered that when you suddenly get channels that you didn't have before, it doesn't mean there was a glitch and you're getting free TV, it just means that your son called the cable company and had your plan changed so you get every conceivable channel at a hugely increased price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 783
You deserved it 5 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What I wanna know is if it included the dirty channels too.

If the account isn't in his name he can't request the extra channels surely.

Comments

Sell his TV in order to help pay for the bill. If he's got a game console or anything else like that, sell it too. After all, I know for a fact that he won't die or melt or fade away from having no TV or internet until he's out of the house and on his own.

hellbilly205 17

Its sad because in my eyes growing up in my time going outside to play wasn't punishment lol

Aside from switching back to your original set of channels, it would be a good idea to put a password on his tv for a couple weeks, that way he is unable to watch tv, period. That would give him something to think about before he decides to act stupid again.

No tv or allowances until he graduates high school.

jeez we had cable when I was a kid and I get yelled at if I even bought a movie who knows what have happen if I had done that probably would have gotten my ass torn up

If he's old enough to make decisions on his own, he's old enough to pay for them.

YDI for not checking with the cable company. They could have added the channels to your account through some error, but still charged you for them. Getting free TV is also known as stealing, and if you'd been honest with the company you could have gotten the new plan canceled before you were charged for it.

ViviMage 38

I work for a cable company. Remove him as an authorized user and have them remove channels to the point he called in. Usually you have 30 days to change your mind.

If he is under 18 you can just call them and explain what happened. They will take it off. My younger sister did that and when my mom called they took it right off with no charge.