Free healthcare for all

By Vickie - 18/06/2021 16:00

Today, while mopping the kitchen, I ended up slipping and and knocked over the table that had my mom’s iPad on it. The screen shattered; I sprained my wrist. I asked my mom to take me to the ER. She called me "selfish" because her iPad screen repair would "cost more." FML
I agree, your life sucks 954
You deserved it 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was thinking same, I work at a hospital, EDs have limited capacity and it really needs to be focused/available for actual emergency, furthermore it would be quicker/cheaper to handle at an immediate care for the patient. Also if you do the work yourself a screen repair on an ipad can be really cheap and easy to fix, just youtube it and get the parts off ebay.

You dont need to go to ER for a sprained wrist, just go to Walmart or something and get a wrist brace for 10-20 bucks

Comments

You dont need to go to ER for a sprained wrist, just go to Walmart or something and get a wrist brace for 10-20 bucks

Was thinking same, I work at a hospital, EDs have limited capacity and it really needs to be focused/available for actual emergency, furthermore it would be quicker/cheaper to handle at an immediate care for the patient. Also if you do the work yourself a screen repair on an ipad can be really cheap and easy to fix, just youtube it and get the parts off ebay.

If you live in the USA, you would be better to go to your closest Urgent Care clinic for what is probably a sprain. You will get seen quicker and have a smaller bill. I agree if it really is a simple sprain you or mom can take care of it yourself. Just Google sprain care. On the other hand if there is risk that it could be a break then you need to see a doctor who can x-ray your foot and treat it as required. Accidents happen to all of us at various points in our lives. Fortunately this is probably not that serious though it may hurt and Mom’s iPad is in need of repair and that’s not cheap either (though it’s cheaper than a US ER visit without insurance.)

maxthewildergrey 15

I mean I get why she's upset. iPads are ridiculously expensive to get fix. But thats why I've always gotten wallet like cases for any of my devices. But I'd google sprains how to take care of it at home and if it doesn't get better then get it checked out.