Foot meet mouth

By goodjobme - 23/02/2016 06:53 - United States - Torrance

Today, I was at church with some friends and our counselor, who had recently came back from Taiwan. I was born there and love to visit, so I immediately exclaimed, "How lucky!" A few seconds of awkward silence later, he said, "I was visiting my dad who was just diagnosed with cancer." FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 866
You deserved it 2 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you were at church! Should've just said you were really sorry to hear that and suggested all of you to pray for him together!

Comments

"How Lucky!" "I was visiting my Dad who was just diagnosed with cancer." "...that you got to see him while he was so far away, before things took a much worse turn!"

"How lucky you got to visit your loved ones before it was too late!" ?

Yay! You guys have so much in common, like parents having been there, ect....

How lucky! Bla bla cancer. Yes, now that inheritance will come sooner rather than later! on the other hand his father is from taiwan so how rich could he be, wow what a waste of a plane ticket

#16, Papa if you read my former message I love you, I was young, stupid and didn't know what I was saying

#17 I haven't been on this site in years, I was just trying to post some dark humour to see if it would get downvoted(I knew it would), I know it maybe wasn't that good of a joke but really the kind of things you upvote on this site takes the intellect of a child to come up with, and also it gets way boring reading "oh you couldn't have know op" anyways you guys are boring as shiet and have been posting the same replies for 5 years :)

brocho 26
taybug1216 12

You didn't know, don't be too hard on yourself!

pandainspandex 19

Reading these situations as FMLs always makes me mad. In no way was this your fault, and your counselor is the one who made it awkward. His responsibility was either to say "yeah, it's beautiful/whatever!" or "no, I had a relative pass away." You apologize, he says it's OK, boom you're done. WHY do people always make it awkward?!