Tactful

By petlover - 23/11/2009 04:30 - United States

Today, I had to put my 17 year-old cat down. I cried the whole way up to the vet's office and back. After finally coming to terms with the situation, and trying to forget, my dad's friend walks up to me and says, "So, I heard you killed your cat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 206
You deserved it 3 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm the first to enjoy satire humor but that was just purely insensitive. Losing pets suck and I'm sorry for your loss.

at least she lived a long, full life. i had to put my 8-year-old cat down this summer (he had cancer) and it was the hardest thing i've ever done. your dad's friend is a jerk, but at least we have the relief of knowing our cats are lazing around together in kitty heaven.

Comments

curiosity didn't kill the cat, the OP did... :/

It was 17, that's pretty damn old for a cat. It was probably in pain, so they put the poor thing out of it's misery. Sorry OP.

I'm the first to enjoy satire humor but that was just purely insensitive. Losing pets suck and I'm sorry for your loss.

Hnnngh, my cousin keeps doing that too. My mother hit one of our cats and it died, and he keeps making jokes, to ME, about running cats over (since another of our cats was also hit, but she survived). Fairly irritating.

Did anyone read that as DameGreyWulf's mum punching a cat? No? Just me? Alrighty then.

yeah thats what i thought at first...

[gigglesnort] Yes, she punched and it keeled over. I was so stricken! On that day, we all learned a valuable lesson...

ur mother should go die in a pit or get arrested. animal cruelty is messed up

7th!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry kitty be in khat hell

at least she lived a long, full life. i had to put my 8-year-old cat down this summer (he had cancer) and it was the hardest thing i've ever done. your dad's friend is a jerk, but at least we have the relief of knowing our cats are lazing around together in kitty heaven.

While that's true and all, it doesn't exactly make other's heartless comments easier to swallow. Hah, reminds me; once a friend and I were helping to bury a neighbour's kitten, and we were discussing the whole "better place"/"rest in peace" stuff. My friend commented "When I was young, and one of our kittens died, my mother told me that God saw our kitten and thought he would be a great kitten to have so..." I thought "... Uh, that is an awful thing to say to a child, to propagate the person they're supposed to believe in is such a selfish bastard." (religious debates aside, you would want your idol/god to be someone whom you could love/trust/respect, correct? killing kittens just because he wants them is not exactly something you would want to hear) Yeah, moderately off the subject. But, anyway, stupid comments aren't exactly very helpful when one is grieving. Unless they're so stupid you have to laugh at it.

Sh*t happens, you did put it down/KILLED HIM. Stop being a baby.

the cat was 17. It was old and probably in pain all the time, so yeah. He could have drowned it

idiotkid 0

Sorry to hear about that, but...that doesn't seem like a very big deal. The fact that you had to put your cat down is more "FML worthy" than the, well, punchline I suppose, of this story.

i'm sorry for your loss. but you should've punched him.