Overreact much?!

By Kohsukeff - 06/12/2020 20:02 - United States - Gig Harbor

Today, my dad called me a "worthless human being", and told me that I'm "better off committing crimes and living life in a prison cell", all because I haven't gotten into the industry I studied for right out of college. I'm currently at a temp job doing accounting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 012
You deserved it 72

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Give yourself time but prepare to leave this toxic and ungrateful SOB in the new future

I'm 8 years outta college and I'm still not in my field. your dad can **** off.

Comments

Give yourself time but prepare to leave this toxic and ungrateful SOB in the new future

i know people who finished studying then went to work in a field that doesn't have its own degree and stayed there. it's not a big deal.

Nice dad you've got there. Can you get exchange at the store?

Patricide could be a good career move right about now.

I'm 8 years outta college and I'm still not in my field. your dad can **** off.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

wow. I'd tell him thanks for the perfect example of how not to parent. sounds like you probably turned out pretty well despite his bullying, and that's not something he can take any credit for. he clearly traumatized you into being a better person than he is.

Yummi_913 18

Tell him not to worry, you'll make sure he gets the nursing home he deserves for how well he's treating you.

drenalin 7

something that everyone may be overlooking... did he maybe pay nearly 100k for the college education he doesn't see you utilizing...

So sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis as ******* Asshole, I'm sure you can find a card for that in the 'sympathies' section, maybe something with a guardian angel and a cute little dog?