Thanks ma

By 1940s wants their attitude back - 29/09/2020 20:01 - United States

Today, I excitedly told my mom how I got accepted to the master’s program of my dreams. She decided now would be a good time to proudly repeat for the millionth time how she gave up a full ride to the Ivy League to marry my father, and I ought to be a "good woman" and do the same. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 679
You deserved it 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bobsanction 18

Tell her you don't want to marry your father.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. Screw her, and live your life. You can get married and do grad school if you want, and you sure as hell can not get married, and stay single and do grad school if that’s your preference.

Comments

Tell your mom, "That was then, this is now." How old is your mom? 80?

Nicole NikNak Padilla 5

You are your own individual, who in no way, shape, or form, needs to abide by her demand. How dare she even say that! Goes to show that she’s thinking of only herself & living through you.

bobsanction 18

Tell her you don't want to marry your father.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. Screw her, and live your life. You can get married and do grad school if you want, and you sure as hell can not get married, and stay single and do grad school if that’s your preference.

cdebussy 1

this is my favorite response ever

ok, well was a hundred years ago when women were "expected" to do that. you do you, girl!

Tell her that if she were such a good and successful girl, she would have accomplished both a career and a family.

What a small, selfish, envious person she is. Blows my mind that a parent can’t be happy about that. She doesn’t deserve you!