Follow the lifescript

By SingleFatUglyL - 16/01/2023 18:00

Today, I posted on Facebook that I got the Princess Peach Happy Meal toy and I was super ecstatic. A friend of mine commented, “This shit is why you’re 32 and still single as fuck. Get a boyfriend and go start a family.” Her comment got 38 likes. I threw my laptop across the room and burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 795
You deserved it 976

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jontom 7

Stay off social media!! It is place where trolls hang out who feel empowered buy putting people down. I am older than you and I sometimes order a Happy Meal just for the hell of it. Difference is, I don’t tell others about it. By the way, your friend is no friend to talk to you like that.

Yeah that’s not the reason why you’re single, I’m a geeky lad, we still get happy meals and things like that. Your friend is an ahole, get new friends, go to geeky places, you’ll soon find a boyfriend

Comments

jontom 7

Stay off social media!! It is place where trolls hang out who feel empowered buy putting people down. I am older than you and I sometimes order a Happy Meal just for the hell of it. Difference is, I don’t tell others about it. By the way, your friend is no friend to talk to you like that.

Yeah that’s not the reason why you’re single, I’m a geeky lad, we still get happy meals and things like that. Your friend is an ahole, get new friends, go to geeky places, you’ll soon find a boyfriend

TeaTimeAbyss 20

The reason you don't have a boyfriend seems to be more your poor emotional management. Throwing your laptop over a Facebook comment? Are you ok?

papibusiness21 1

tbh that friend should keep her negative comment to herself and so what if you was flabbergasted over a toy so what like imature and disrespectful for her to be mean like that if you have nun say bitch keep it to yourself I like toys and I’m in a happy relationship so wtf she talking about

A boyfriend/family isn't mutually exclusive with being excited over getting a toy. If that's even something you want. It's perfectly reasonable to much rather be happy and single, enjoying things you like, than forced into a relationship and family just because "that's what society says you're supposed to do/want". And realistically - If you're going to find a partner, you'd want one who was celebrating the joy you found in getting some new treasure, even something as silly as a McDonald's toy, y'know? Anyone who thinks poorly of you for it would be a terrible match. Just like your friend (and all those who apparently agreed with her) seem to be a terrible fit for you. Embrace whatever brings you joy (y'know, as long as it's not, like, hurting anyone else).

The truth hurts and is popular amongst those whose truths are not being revealed. I wonder how many men you've driven off by pretending to be a child.

This looks like a classic interaction between the neurospicy (Autistic and/or ADHD) and the neurotypical: Neurospicy experiences things more strongly. Neurotypical enforces conformity. Neurospicy is hurt, has no good outlet for it, melts down or shuts down, and withdraws. Whether or not this is you, the experiences and lessons from the neurodivergent community apply: Be yourself. Allow yourself to experience and show joy. Brush off the haters and don't linger on what they think of you, because they've already stopped thinking of you. Choose as friends those people who make you feel safe. Actively ask people not to disrespect you. Friends who shouldn't be your friends can't stand this, and will self-select themselves out of your life. This is a good thing. (Note that correction is not inherently disrespectful, even if it triggers rejection sensitivity. Well meaning friends who will tell you in good faith that you made a mistake are to be cherished.) If you need a punching bag or punching pillow or a place where you can scream, that's okay.

if only it was okay for you to drop your name, let's go troll the trolls. all of them!!!

OP, you did not deserve that! It’s true that people go through phases in their lives, and a person in one phase in their life may not appreciate what is important to another - But in truth that applies to a wide spectrum of interests and it’s not a reason to so nastily judge someone… Unless you are using Facebook as part of marketing for a business, I suggest that it’s time to pare back your friends list and change the Facebook privacy settings so that only your Facebook friends can post or comment on your page and posts. I cut back my facebook “friends” some time ago because my feed was just too much to keep up with. Now my friends list is mostly my relatives and actual friends… The other thing you might look into is Facebook Groups - There are a great many specialized groups organized around one particular interest. For example I am a member of a few Facebook groups centered around antique radios - which is one of my interests. Your personal Facebook feed and the feed of Facebook groups do not mix. So for example, while my family and friends might see my posting about a doctor’s appointment, and a radio group might see my post or comments about an antique radio - the two do not mix. That allows me to separate my personal life from my hobbies on Facebook unless I choose to cross post. Facebook does not tell people that you unfriended them - Your posts just no longer show up in their feed and vice versa. So there’s not any fallout from unfriending people. Just click on “ignore” if you get facebook friend requests from people you don’t know or don’t really care to follow… Finally, I hope your laptop was not damaged!