FitBitch

By Anonymous - 22/02/2015 16:09 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, my mother-in-law sent me a pedometer for my birthday. I've been confined to a wheelchair for most of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 010
You deserved it 2 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For her birthday send her mens clothing, like socks, boxer shorts shirts etc. but take out the labels and make sure they wouldn't fit her husband.

there's a reason people call mother-in-law a monster...

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

He's just thinking he's funny. Pay him no mind.

1dvs_bstd 41

I would say it's sarcasm but what exactly will he sue her for? being a monster-in-law?

Yes 32 it was sarcasm... no one on FML seems to understand what that is

SystemofaBlink41 27

It seems to be the upvote/downvote ratio... If there are a certain amount of downvotes, people choose to ignore the sarcasm.

1dvs_bstd 41

yeah #44, it's like 'hey let's all jump on the downvote wagon and not have an opinion of our own.'

SystemofaBlink41 27

I actually thought your joke was funny, #46. But, whatever... FML seems to be pretty picky with its humor lately.

The only excuse for this is if the two of you have never met. If you have met, shame on her for sending something like that.

mif_fml 27

How often is it that you never meet your mother in law? Like not even at the wedding?

We don't really know the situation. Maybe the person OP married has a bad relationship with their mother and didn't want their mother at the wedding.

juturnaamo 29

My husband didn't meet my mother until we'd been married about a year and a half. I was in the military and we eloped.

For all we know she could have just married her dad and never met Op.

My sister in law hasn't met her mother in law, but that's because my brother and I have disowned her due to shit she pulled when we were growing up.

there's a reason people call mother-in-law a monster...

Mother in law and woman hitter are spelled with the same letters...

She probably doesn't know the difference between an odometer and a pedometer.

They why don't you just reply to his comment instead of making an entirely new comment?

because im a rebal and in America you can do what ever the **** you want 8--->

Yeah, rebel without a clue. The song "Young, Dumb, and Ugly" comes to mind.

And the 2015 winner of the "Worst Mother-In-Law of the Year" award goes to this woman.

MzZombicidal 36

It's only February! Let's not jump to any conclusions! lol! Gotta give the other monsters-in-law a fair chance. ;P

For her birthday send her mens clothing, like socks, boxer shorts shirts etc. but take out the labels and make sure they wouldn't fit her husband.

OP should buy her some crutches for her birthday....

Or just send it back with a note saying that a speedometer and an electric motor would have been preferred. ^__^

Take the pedometer to home Depot and leave it on the paint shaker. Send it back after it gets high enough and see what she says.