First Dates

By sillvy - 13/01/2012 09:32 - United States

Today, I was on a date. I noticed he kept looking at my lips. Thinking he wanted to kiss me, I leaned in closer. Disgusted, he pulled away and said, "I'm sorry, but that pimple on your chin is, like, staring at me or something." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 133
You deserved it 5 559

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least that pimple didn't start talking to him.

Guys always say, "I like my girl natural and without make up on." Well, there you have it.

Comments

Look in the mirror and throw on some cool socks before a date.

mommapanda 0

Don't you check yourself in a mirror before going out on a date? Personally, despite my dislike of mirrors, I always make sure I have a clean face and pimples, if any, are in check and properly concealed before going anywhere or doing anything important, such as a date. YDI.

Except for the fact that, unless the pimple as JUST started to form and is only a little bump, you would have to pile on the make up really heavy in order to ATTEMPT to conceal them. They're still really obvious. If the pimple was at the stage where he thinks it's "staring at him," no amount of make up will conceal it and actually probably only draw more attention to it. Also, putting on makeup over skin that's got a break out of acne/pimples is a really bad idea, it only makes the skin problem worse.

mommapanda 0

There are other things than make up that work on pimples. OP could have treated it, too. And since, as you pointed out, it was "staring at him," it didn't just "pop up," it had been there for a bit, which means OP knew. Rubbing alcohol would have zapped it right away. I stand with my decision that OP deserved it.

RaaabbleRabble 0

OR, he could calm the **** down and grow up. People get pimples sometimes. It's really not that big of a deal.

46 - I've had rather large pimples crop up overnight. And the boy may have been exaggerating; it may not have been that big after all. There is no way she deserved that comment whether she could have treated the pimple or not. Seriously.

blair_x 12

@momma panda, no. Rubbing alcohol on it would've dried it the **** out and made it 10x more noticeable due to all the crusty dry flakes of skin around it that no amount of moisturizer + concealer could conceal. Then it would look like part of her face was shedding, like a snake. There's just not much you can do about breakouts like those.

so guys should do the same then? wear concealer and makeup? why do girls hav to be perfect but guys dont hav to bother?? noway did she deserve it

perry_sameh20 18

Thats totally rude of him to say!! he should have said it in a nicer way..what a jerk.

Kinda feel sorry for ya but you should of gotten that taken care of

Maybe the pimple was not poppable? I guess if it one of those disgusting poppable ones I can KIND of see his point, but what if it was just a big red one that no matter what you do won't go away? Having some respect for others, and not puposely making someone feel uncomfortable would of been a good way to go. FYL

florido_fml 10

That's when you punch him! Jk your going to get hit back...

a real man wouldn't be so rude especially on a first date. don't call him back

Definitely agreed! You should've asked to go home after that

I agree with your comment, but nowhere does it say it was their first date.

I see both your sides. It's kind of worded in a way to make us assume it was a first date; it's made to sound like this is their first kiss which usually happens around the first date. However, you're right. It doesn't say that it is for sure.

Pop, that pimple, pop pop that pimple baby.

So no goodnight kiss I'm guessing? But really I'm sorry OP, pimples suck, plain and simple, and that was awful of that guy to say.

maryam8869 7

hes stupid .. a pimple looked at him