FIRE!

By 1danzo1 - 17/07/2009 10:12 - Australia

Today, I was getting a haircut. I had my foils in for about 10 minutes when the fire alarm went off. The building then started to fill with smoke and we evacuated. While outside watching the fire being put out, I forgot about my foils. I now have bright bleached yellow and orange hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 829
You deserved it 6 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well hello there hayley williams, it's nice to meet you.

You survived a fire, and got your hair bleached bright yellow and orange in the process. FYL? Really?

Comments

Most hair dyes (including bleach) stop working after a certain amount of time, so I doubt its true... But on the account that it is true, I wouldn't re-dye your hair, because it would just ruin your hair. Make it fin and brittle.

musikbox 0

not necessarily. You must not leave in bleach for more than 60 minutes, this is dependent on the volume as well. The stronger the volume, the quicker the results, the less you'll want to leave it in. It might stop working after 60 minutes, but it can still cause damage to leave it in. It's chemicals after all. If the OP has orange and yellow hair, then a green or white toner will counteract it. Pale yellow hair can turn platinum with white toner, and orange/red hair can be neutralized with green toner. The salon should fix the OP's hair for free, any decent hairdresser would do the same. I bleach my hair all the time at home with 30 and 40 volume developer. It doesn't do that much damage if you condition and use protein treatments, and if you give your hair a break once in a while. My hair has yet to fall out, turn gummy, or be cut off because I take my time and do it right.

riotgrrl 0

musikbox: You don't use green toner. I have white blonde hair. After bleach the toner you should use is dependent on whether your hair appears yellow or orange. Orange=blue and yellow= White with a hint of purple or purple. The conditioner or shampoo you use to retain the shade of bleached blonde should also be blue or purple. It follows the colour wheel, purple is opposite of yellow, blue the opposite of orange. Even when painting a self portrait involving my platinum hair I used yellow paint neutralized with purple.

musikbox 0

yeah, I know, I meant blue, but I was in a rush to type this >____<

ilurvbacon 0

I would rather have a botched dye job then die in a fire. I'm just sayin...

Shouldn't the stylist have been the one keeping track of your foils anyway? You're alive and have a few weeks of embarrassment ahead of you. It's no biggie.

Oh yeah. **** your life for not being on fire instead. Now your hair just looks like it's on fire instead of actually being on fire. -_-

hmmm i think i'd take a bad haircut and pay a little extra money to fix that than say...DIE IN A MOTHERFUCKING FIRE? jesus...be glad that your business didnt burn down. THAT guy has a legit fml

FYL? What about the people who lost their business in a fire?? That's a REAL problem.. Not some temporary inconvenience like your dye job.

tell them you want it fixed for free, or you'll tell everyone exactley which salon it was that messed you up so bad! no business likes a dissatisfied customer.

It's called toner, besides, in an accident like that, at least you'll get a service for free.

ASpocksky 0

At least it's only hair. you can change it as often as you want.