No thanks!

By forever alone - 10/03/2018 09:00 - United States - New York

Today, during the garter toss at a wedding, all the eligible men yelped and scrambled, evading it like a falling meteor. They apparently wanted to stay single, rather than put it on and dance with the one who caught the bouquet, which was me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 664
You deserved it 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So just because you made the catch doesn’t mean you are a catch. Maybe you seemed too thirsty during the bouquet toss? Throwing elbows at little girls isn’t sexy.

manb91uk 22

Maybe all these men just... Shit, I can’t think of a good reason why a group of single men wouldn’t want to dance at an event that has massive expectations... Sucks big

Comments

manb91uk 22

Maybe all these men just... Shit, I can’t think of a good reason why a group of single men wouldn’t want to dance at an event that has massive expectations... Sucks big

So just because you made the catch doesn’t mean you are a catch. Maybe you seemed too thirsty during the bouquet toss? Throwing elbows at little girls isn’t sexy.

manb91uk 22

Speaking from experience Dicky?

Yeah. Saw a woman dive over a widowed grandma in a wheelchair, knocking her to the ground, to make an Odell Beckham, Jr.-like catch of the bouquet. It was ugly!

A woman at my cousin's wedding took her nails and cut me to get the bouquet... I was thirteen.

chill out, it was probably a joke. i’ve seen this done several times. you know there’s a stereotype that men are afraid of commitment?

Let’s see, what if those men are single because that’s their life choice at this time? Then why would you expect them to suddenly change their minds because somebody tossed a garter? OP, I understand that this was embarrassing and humiliating to you. I think that whole tradition is an absurd anachronism of the bridal bouquet and the garter toss. If you take part in such a thing you run the chance of it not coming out the way you want.

They are not supposed to change their mind on singledom and date OP. It's just a dance of two single people for fun.

I'm a wedding planner and have never seen the person who catches the bouquet and garter have to dance. Very strange concept to me.

MaxLegroom 3

Many are the things I've done to avoid that garter, myself. Once, I suddenly had to go to the restroom. Another time, well, you can't catch it with a drink in one hand and your car keys in the other.

When I was a little girl, I caught the bouquet. I was about eight. The boy who caught the garter was about twelve. There was no dance, but he had to put the garter on me. There wasn’t a dance, but everyone there was laughing about how cute it was because the ‘new couple’ was so young. I guess when it’s with adults, it isn’t just cute and a wedding tradition, and it becomes more of a ‘oh my god, what if I actually start dating this girl now?’ Fun traditions gradually become paranoia and superstition to some people. Sorry OP.

That might actually mean they fancy you... I mean think about it, it'd just be a harmless dance, if they weren't somewhat interested in you maybe they'd have done it for the laughs and traditions and it wouldn't have mattered.

Don't worry, they would have reacted the same if the bouquet toss was after that.

corky1992 33

I’ve been to quite a few weddings and none of them have ever done this. I didn’t even know it was a thing. Maybe it had nothing to do with you. They just didnt want to dance with someone they dont know or cant dance in general.