Pulling the God card

By Smdh - 06/05/2022 16:00

Today, my sister announced her engagement to my ex-boyfriend, who she’d stolen from me. She got upset that I told her I’m not attending her wedding, nor congratulating her. Since she’s “Christian” her logic is “What God joined together, let no man separate.” Yeah, right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 110
You deserved it 124

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, she should have seen that one coming a mile away. She and your ex can do whatever they want, since it's a free country, but she can't seriously expect you to be happy and accepting about it unless she's a self-centered moron.

You forgot the corollary: What God joins, no MAN can tear asunder, but a ***** can.

Comments

You forgot the corollary: What God joins, no MAN can tear asunder, but a ***** can.

Yeah, she should have seen that one coming a mile away. She and your ex can do whatever they want, since it's a free country, but she can't seriously expect you to be happy and accepting about it unless she's a self-centered moron.

If she knew anything about the Bible, and since she’s using it to club people with her agenda, she probably doesn’t, she would understand that the whole “no divorce” rule was Jesus trying to protect women, nothing more. At that time, women were extremely vulnerable and were SOL if their husband traded them in - it was damn near impossible for them to support themselves or find a husband again. Basically they were ******. That’s why Jesus said “no divorce” and also added the caveat of adultery - it’s an out in case a wife did something to “deserve” her fate.

kitten79TX 5

Except this post has nothing to do with adultery, so your response makes no sense. O.P. said ex-BOYFRIEND not ex-husbamd. There was no adultery involved, only fornication (presumably), which is a whole other biblical issue. So, yeah, the sister still doesn't have a leg to stand on if she's going the Bible route.

Apparently tearing apart siblings is part of God's plan.

The correct response to her is "I am no man!"

I always felt it was incredibly asinine how Christians always have some bullshit excuse using God to justify their behavior in society it's like they never actually read the ******* book they worship 🤦‍♂️

Grumpy Jack 26

Read or understood its true meaning.

kitten79TX 5

Her logic is flawed, they aren't "joined together" yet.