Fast turnover

By EnglandRocks - 12/03/2015 18:03 - Switzerland - Bern

Today, it is the one-year anniversary of my mother's death. It's also the day my father chose to announce his engagement, to the whole family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 326
You deserved it 2 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go to his fiancé when he's not around, say "you know, it's the anniversary of my moms death today, and he doesn't seem to care... Try imagining how much he really cares for you. If you think that's a lot, just think, when you die, he'll care just as much." And walk away. Let that thought sink in :P

Bree12345 15

Comments

riceballchink 12

Who engages to someone within a year?

soulcrusher11 16

yo sorry op. that gotta be rough

Just because he's moved on doesn't everyone else has. I'm sorry OP.

I've been there, literally. But in time you'll come to see that your father deserves to be happy, your mother would want him to be happy, and you will be more happy with him happy. A day is just a day, tomorrow would be just as painful.

allyiscute1 22

This is horrible im so sorry OP I wish I could hug you;/

It depends on your father if he is always this inconsiderate or it was an oversight. My dad started sleeping with the Help not long after my mother died. It did not get better from there. Maybe he hadn't realized or is just a douche like mine.

I would want my spouse to be happy if something happened to me. It wouldn't change how much he loves me, it is knowing it would be selfish to want him to be miserable and lonely for a set amount of time. I would want him to be happy, no matter what that meant. Obviously it feels different since it is your mom, but it doesn't make him rude or an ass. Timing may seem bad to you, but maybe he thought it would shine a light on a dark, sad day. Talk to him about it, but also know married people talk about these things, and most healthy people agree they want their spouse to find whatever happiness they can.

It's these types of posts where I assume people hit the "you deserve it" button on accident ...