Eternity

By Anonymous - 06/04/2013 16:17 - Hungary - Budapest

Today, I took my girlfriend to eat out at a restaurant. We chatted for an hour, and it all seemed to be going well, until she told me that she wanted to break up. Waiting for the bill and driving her home was the most painful time of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 765
You deserved it 3 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Would you folks like any dessert? No? You sure? You make such a cute couple, maybe I could recommend the shared sundae?"

CreepInTheCorner 11

Good luck, OP. But you were a nice guy for still paying.

Comments

You poor thing OP what an awful thing for her to do, she should have done something like that in private. All the best, take care x

God, why is people making the girl look like a bitch? The case could be that she likes op, but she just have someone else in her brain that she likes more. (This might not be the case, just my thoughts) And instead of cheating, she broke up with him in a good way, after a seemingly nice dinner. I think it would have been much worse if she made him pay the bill and drive her home before breaking up. But she did it before the ride home, even before the bill came, taking the risk of having to pay for the food and the ride home. Oh yes it does indeed hurt, but that's just how it is, or am I wrong? But OP you have a big heart for not being rude,(we cannot be sure but I'll assume that you weren't rude since you drove her home, something a rude person wouldn't do) you even paid the bill and drove her home! (Something I probably wouldn't do). So please try to look at the story from both sides, not only what you read.

manasstalker 7

I don't understand why people are down voting you!!! I guess the internet doesn't understand logic and goes under the assumption that if anyone ever breaks up ever they must have been an (insert generic insult here).

She shouldnt have gone through a dinner if that were the case. "Before we leave for dinner, theres something we need to discuss..." What she did was lead him on. my ex boyfriend pretended everything was alright for days when in fact he wanted to break up the whole time; I understand OP's pain.

How would that make her any less of a bitch? Are you saying it's okay to look for other people while in a relationship? Also, we don't know how long they were together. If they had been together for a long time and then she suddenly breaks up like that, she is a bitch.

Who said that she was looking for someone else? It's just love, I don't think you can control who you fall in love with.

Would've definitely asked the waiter for separate checks when that came out. And left her at the restaurant.

im sorry... theres better girls out there

manasstalker 7

It sounds like she broke up with him the right way so I don't know why you guys are saying to leave her there....Like seriously if you wanna break up with someone at least she did it face to face and that takes courage in itself. Although she should have wait till after dinner maybe or even when he dropped her off XD.

Can you not read? It said they talked for an hour during the meal then she broke up with him...that's not the right way, the right was would have been before they left.

Sadly, you should expect more pain like that until you find one that isn't a ****. My best advise is to find a girl with a sweet smile and a great laugh. You will never be happier.

vanessa09865 23

*advice Advise would be used in, "I'd advise that you...." not "Lemme give you some advise"

perdix 29

At least you didn't leave Hungary. I hope you had the Turkey Chile after skimming off the Greece.

He should have asked the server to split the czech.

perdix 29

#42, she should have offered to go Dutch to ease his Spain. Otherwise, she's a Laos.

Kenya two just stop with the puns! I'm Ghana end this now...

I'm China think of more puns, but Afghanistan all of Japans.

APersonalProblem 13

I would of made her pay and walk home.

Wow, what a bitch! You should have gotten her to pay at least her half of the bill and told her to get her own ride home. I would never do that to a guy, she obviously wanted a free meal and ride and took the piss here! Sorry man, you deserve better.

Ugh, she couldn't have found a better time at least? I'm sorry OP. :( You'll find someone better!