Drying times

By helplesssssss - 07/08/2009 21:31 - United States

Today, I took a shower in a beach house we're renting for the week. Once I get out, I realize the house doesn't supply towels, my entire family was outside in the front yard, my phone was upstairs, and there are no blinds. I stood under a ceiling fan naked for 20 minutes trying to dry off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 147
You deserved it 15 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

veryst00pid 0

wait if you're at a beachhouse shouldn't you have towels for when you go to the beach?

Sun_Kissed18 25

Oo well at least no one saw you right?

Comments

And you didn't think to use your (clean) clothes to dry yourself? I mean, sure your clothes will be wet but at least you're not standing around naked for 20 minutes. YDI for not using your head.

actually if you have long hair it takes a long time to dry. and maybe she had to put on the same clothes!

Why are you commenting on your own FML in third person?

birds_fml 7

I clicked both YDI and FYL because, you deserved it for not making sure you had a towel, and FYL because of course you would assume that a rental would have towels stocked in the bathroom. I understand not wanting to put on dirty clothes after taking a nice clean shower, but in that case, how did you get out of the bathroom anyways?

oh_mi_shizzle 0

no offense OP, but couldn't you just put on your clothes?.. you would've dried off either way. anyways i think that it's odd you didn't notice there were no towels before you took the shower... weren't there some laying around, I mean afterall you went to the beach so you should've taken towels... still... this one made me laugh somehow..

i am the girl who wrote this and we had JUST gotten to the beach! sooo nothing was unpacked. and geez some people are so mean on here! haha:)

That doesn't make any sense. When people shower, they usually have two sets of clothes somewhere near them. The first set being the dirty clothes that you just took off prior to going into the shower. The other set would be the clean clothes that you're planning on wearing after getting out. You could of used either to dry yourself in such a situation. So either you're lying or dumb as a rock.

You're "dumb as a rock" for saying would of instead of would have.

Haha, I totally love how you say your the one who wrote this and yet in post #28, your defending the OP and calling the person "she". Haha. Get a life.

No, you aren't, since you know... "by helplesssssss (woman)", and your username is Sarahl506. Fail.

sbe3207 0

Wow. Really? Couldn't you at least use your head and look to see if there were towels before you got a shower? And plus, who takes 20 minutes to drip dry? Lamee! Still FYL for you being the ONLY one in the house while your family is outside having fun. :)

i was going to use my towel to cover up while i got my new clothes;) hmmm its a much longer story but FML only allows 300 letters. sooooooo you do the math.

sbe3207 0

Obvisouly you couldn't do the math. For instance, no towels+nobody to help=STUPID :)

#35 Use your old clothes to cover yourself or wear temporarily???? My goodness, just shut up you're way too dumb.

Dude_its_legit 0

I give it a rating of 70% legit! Almost believable! But your downfall is 1. No towels in beach house! 2. There was no blinds 3.cell phone was not near

what kind of ppl comment all these things? this is my first time ever looking at comments from people! get a life! hahahahahahah

quackquackquac 0

Um, seeing as /you/ posted like 5 comments on here, you should get a life. Also, you are a dumb ****.

#39 people are always telling others to "get a life" its quite common on Youtube lol but what exactly does the word "life" mean in your dictionary? They really don't have any better insult so they pull the "get a life!" card..

generalsmith2 0

yea and then the stupid laughing at the end. moron.

evanwilliams 4

I agree 100%, way to go #40! You rule!